Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Crossbow recommendations. >

Crossbow recommendations.

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow recommendations.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:28 AM
Spike

Default Crossbow recommendations.

So after I got my covid bonus from uncle Peabody my next check will have around $650 extra dollars on it and was thinking about getting a crossbow. Any anyone has any suggestions on the basics to get for a beginner? Trying to stay close to that amount that my uncle was so kind to give to me.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:03 PM
Spike

I also purchased a crossbow at $300. I'm looking for the same advice on this crossbow.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

With crossbows, you get what you pay for. Spend the money. Get a good one.
Old 12-24-2021, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

I have had a centerpoint sniper 370 ($214.00) new when I bought it several years ago. I dont think you need to pay $1500.00 on a crossbow to be happy
Old 12-24-2021, 01:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Some of the higher end ones have cocking and de-cocking mechanisms. That is worth quite a bit IMO. The Ten Point Viper S400 I have is a 400 FPS cross bow that has a built in crank to cock and de-cock it. It takes literally 5 seconds to unload and de-cock it and be legal for the vehicle trip home.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a TenPoint Titan which was in your price range. It shoots 370fps and is very accurate. It doesn’t have a de-cocking mechanism like CIs does. I just shoot a practice bolt into a target to unload. The only knock I have is that it is very loud. I’m going to see if I can get some so d dampers for on it.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

I have an older Excalibur Ibex.that I bought used. I recommend them since there is not much of anything that can cause you problems (no cables, wheels or cams). Even an older one like mine is very effective. I thought about a newer one but have a few concerns with the new Micros. Check out Wyvern Creations for great package deals on new bows. Try the classified on Archerytalk and Crossbow Nation. I saw a good deal on used (4 month old) Micro Mage 340 on Crossbow Nation marketplace for $500 tdy. Good luck.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Carbon Express 390, I have taken a buck and 2 doe with mine in 3 years. It is fast and accurate and it didn't cost thousands of dollars.
Old 04-10-2022, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

best value crossbows by centerpoint many models to pick from....I own three and sold one other
Old 05-11-2022, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by riskincide
So after I got my covid bonus from uncle Peabody my next check will have around $650 extra dollars on it and was thinking about getting a crossbow. Any anyone has any suggestions on the basics to get for a beginner? Trying to stay close to that amount that my uncle was so kind to give to me.
Why not just go to a archery shop, most have ranges. Pick out 2 or 3 in your price range and shoot a few bolts from them and make a decision on what you like rather than what others like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.