Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Proud Owner of a Barnett Jackal >

Proud Owner of a Barnett Jackal

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Proud Owner of a Barnett Jackal

Old 09-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Spike

Default Proud Owner of a Barnett Jackal

after doing some reading. there seems to be a few people that does not have a lot of good things to say about a Barnett Crossbow. and that is their opinions. that is why there are so many dealers ( Chevy and Fords Etc., but i can say this i own two jackals and both shoot very well, they both shoot under 1" groups at 20 yards, they both are fast, they both are consistant, and they both if it really matters are covered by a 5 year warranty whatever that is worth, they both will kill any animal walking. so i am not worried about the bow, nor the arrows/bolts, i did find out that i have better penetration with the Carbon Express Surge bolts, but i suspect it is due to the heavier weight along with the 125gr Muzzy broadheads i am using, they just about shoot plumb thru the Large Blackhole target i got at Gander Mtn, sort of messes up the 4" vanes because they are burried in the target.
does it shoot the bolts at 315 fps ? maybe, but i don't care if it doesn't, it is faster than my High Country Compound, and i have killed many deer that were 20 yards away and i whistled at them to make them look at me before i let the arrow fly, which was fun, thinking jump that sucker.... but they can't. so i know they won't on this crossbow either.
but i don't expect to make a shot at 100 yards with this crossbow, even though the last dot in the scope is dead on at 60 yards, my limit is 30 yards, it is very hard to weave an arrow or bolt through so many tree limbs in the thickets i hunt in past 20 yards to who cares if it will hit at 60 yards.
put every thing in it's place, normal hunting distances, and knowing a crossbow is supposed to be loud, think about it, that much power in limbs that are only 24 to 26 inches long, no way to make them quite.
just go out and kill ya self a deer and enjoy the back strap and biscuits, this is not the races, it is hunting. do your best to make one shot / one kill.
my two cents, for this old man.
i made it back from Iraq this past spring and i will kill something soon.
Deer and Hogs will be in the freezer after the 15th of Oct.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on getting yerself a CB, enjoy yer shooting & hunting
Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats
I have a Barnett and its very fast and you can hit the ten ring with it and gets the job done. The customer service is great.Huntr2
Old 10-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Spike

Barnett crossbows are fine, Ive started out with a RC-300 many years ago and have up graded as the years go by with newer Barnett's about every 3-4 years. as of right now I'm still using my XS revolution. The price is right on there bows and they surely get the job done every bow season..

congrats on your new barnett..you will enjoy it..

Barnett XS REV
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4737051_n.jpg

Last edited by TheBoneGrinders; 10-03-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on having a good shooting crossbow.
One word of caution if I may...Don't think deer can't "jump string" on a crossbow, I had one do it at 15 yards and she had her head down feeding.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

I would believe there are a few Barnetts that stay together with little problems, the quantity they produce; they have to get a few of them right, just by law of averages!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Spike

they are a great bow killed 4 does with a jackal.keep the rail lubed an the string waxed.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Huntr2
Congrats
I have a Barnett and its very fast and you can hit the ten ring with it and gets the job done. The customer service is great.Huntr2
I just bought the Barnett Vengeance and would call their customer service anything but great. I emailed them asking if they had a bow case for the Vengeance.

I got a one word reply. "Yes"

From their web page, I attempted to purchase the only crossbow case on their site and each time I clicked "buy now" I was directed to a blank page.

I replied to the customer service and got this as a reply. "I am sorry but it worked for me."

That's it. No offer of assistance.