Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Tenpoint Titan HLX questions >

Tenpoint Titan HLX questions

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Tenpoint Titan HLX questions

Old 09-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tenpoint Titan HLX questions

I bought this crossbow at Gander Mountain yesterday and was wondering if anyone has experience with this crossbow. Also, if they have had experience with this crossbow, what arrows and broadheads work best for whitetail hunting? Thanks in advance for your input. the Titan I bought has the accudraw and pro 3d scope.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

BBB,
I would suggest staying with the aluminum arrows it came with and Spitfire broadheads. That is what most of us here at TenPoint use.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you 10pt... Interesting... I was told by one archery tech that " no matter what anyone tells you DO NOT USE MECHANICAL ( he specifically cited Rage broadheads ) BROADHEADS as the would deploy early with crossbows and ruin the accuracy. Not trying to argue or debate, just confusing when one gets conflicting advice. BUT you obviously know more about Ten Point crossbows than he. What grain Spitfires and what configuration of blades etc.? And what do you guys think of the Slick Trick broadheads?
Old 09-14-2010, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Many 'crossbow professionals' aren't crossbow users; just bow salesmen. NAP Spirfires Maxx will fly just great from your bow and won't open, as will Slick Tricks....assuming you're using the right arrow. I prefer carbon arrows with high FOC and small vanes. Specifically: Gold YTip Lazer II shafts, 110 gr brass insert, aluminum nocks and 2" Blazer vanes or 2.1" Fusion. I'm using the 100 gr Spitfires and Slick Trick mags in my 290 and 315 fps bows and the 125 gr Slicks in my faster bow in order to meet minimum arrow weight requirement for the bow. FOC ratio is 18% and 20% respectively. Accuracy, and terminal performance, is great with both heads. Best of luck.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Cossack.... I think I will buy 1 pack of Spitfires and 1 pack of Slick Tricks. I will try using the Easton arrows that came with my crossbow and see what happens. I am very new to archery, and have much to learn... so i am trying to educate myself BEFORE I shoot at a whitetail. I will continue to check this thread if anyone else would like to give their opinion. Once again , thank you 10Pt and Cossack.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Spike

I had a titan for a few years,,and used rage broadheads,,I've heard the RUMORS of them opening ,,but no one has ever proved it,,,I feel this rumor started because someone who can't shoot was trying to make excuses for his bad shot,,I've gotten 8 deer with this combo,,,and hope to get many more with my new and improved crossbow I got last week,,its a Tac 10,,by PSE,,don't know if you've heard of it,,but look it up,its fast,,baddest crossbow on the market now,,,and when your ready to step up for your next cross bow look into it. Oh,,one more quick note,,watch your scent,,and move slowly when hunting,,I've bow hunted for over 30 years and its always worked for me.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Hunter.... I have seen those "offbrand" crossbows online. Dunno why anyone would pay THAT much and not even get a trigger with it...LOL...Oh and since I know ya..... We will see who shoots the bigger deer this year.......AND with a cheaper crossbow !!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:59 AM
Spike

LOL check out my photos,,so judging from past seasons,,I may have a little advantage,,lol,,oh,,and its been 40 years since I shot my 1st deer,,and 35 since I got my 1st with a recurve bow,,good luck beating my biggest deer this year,,lol
Old 09-16-2010, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

LOL...Yeah those OLD photos are just like your sex life... both of them were YEARS AGO !!!!! LOL
Just kidding... But we are going to she who shoots the biggest deer with their crossbow THIS YEAR .
Old 09-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Spike

LOL they were just a few years ago,,but at least at sometime durning my life I did kill a big buck,,and did the other quite well too,,heard through the grape vine your still a 48 yr old virgin,,LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.