Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Great news for Michigan hunters!! >

Great news for Michigan hunters!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Great news for Michigan hunters!!

Old 08-14-2010, 06:21 AM
Spike

Default Great news for Michigan hunters!!

the Michigan Natural Resources Commission passed Option 3 of the crossbow proposals basically allowing full inclusion of crossbows in all deer seasons:

Option 3

> Allow crossbows to be used statewide by any individual 10 years of age or older.

> Continue to require that all crossbow hunters obtain a free crossbow stamp.

> Eliminate the sunset provision for the use of crossbow in the affected sections of the WCO.

> Maintain the provision that crossbows may be used for game that may be taken with a firearm.

> Repeals section 5.95 of the WCO that addresses permits for crossbow use by hunters with disabilities.

> Allow the use of modified bows when crossbows are legal.

> Remove the 350 fee per second bolt velocity restriction.

> Crossbows are not allowed to be used in the Upper Peninsula after November 30 except by the persons holding disabled permits.

Last edited by lscha; 08-19-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

that's cool. it's nice to see that more and more states are realizing that crossbows are just about equal as a compound.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome!

Everyone needs to realize that there is no hunting advantage and this is merely a different type of hunting. Crossbows have allowed me to hunt when I could no longer hold a bow in the loaded position due to shoulder injuries. It doesn't allow me to shoot any further than I would normally using a convention style bow.

I am glad to see the Michigan Natural Resources Commission has!
Old 08-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by lscha
the Michigan Natural Resources Commission passed Option 3 of the crossbow proposals basically allowing full inclusion of crossbows in all deer seasons:

Option 3

> Allow crossbows to be used statewide by any individual 10 years of age or older.

> Eliminate the sunset provision for the use of crossbow in the affected sections of the WCO.

> Maintain the provision that crossbows may be used for game that may be taken with a firearm.

> Repeals section 5.95 of the WCO that addresses permits for crossbow use by hunters with disabilities.

> Allow the use of modified bows when crossbows are legal.

> Remove the 350 fee per second bolt velocity restriction.

> Crossbows are not allowed to be used in the Upper Peninsula after November 30 except by the persons holding disabled permits.

The speed thing is nice for the Michigan hunters who had questions how it would be checked.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

One problem with their NO Crossbows after NOV 30th is, they are LEGAL to use during Muzzle Loading season...
Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mathewsboy
One problem with their NO Crossbows after NOV 30th is, they are LEGAL to use during Muzzle Loading season...
Not in the Upper, except by disabled permit holders. This may change someday as more people realize they are a short range hunting tool.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

They have a conflicting rule then. One law says, Crossbows are legal to use during any season where a firearm can be used.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by noidurism
that's cool. it's nice to see that more and more states are realizing that crossbows are just about equal as a compound.
It's about your signature; why are you aginst PETA People Eating Tasty Animals?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by steve638
It's about your signature; why are you aginst PETA People Eating Tasty Animals?

lol! please don't get me going. lol! i'm pretty damn drunk right now. FRIED ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

P = PUKED UP
E = EVERYONE'S
T = TASTY
A = ANIMALS

THOSE FRIGGIN BASTARDS...............if i say any more, i'll prob. get banned!................lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.