HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   How do you feel about Horton? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/327328-how-do-you-feel-about-horton.html)

deerslayer223 08-08-2010 09:11 PM

How do you feel about Horton?

I'm curious about when i see posts around here even mentioning a horton as a possible option for someone to buy i dont see really any positive feedback. I own 2 hortons haven't had any trouble with either besides normal maintenance serving strings cables. Whats anyones dislikes that puts the hortons below any other viable option? Just curious to get some feedback to see what other fellow xbow hunters think about horton.

smokepolehall 08-09-2010 03:32 AM

Mind you i ain't never owned one but have shot the explorer & a legend. The Legend was the better one, after their move to china i don't anything about them. If china's products are like the stuff maulmart sells its junk!

Cossack 08-09-2010 02:20 PM

You may be impressed with the feel of a bow and it's price, but is the support going to be there when you need it? I look for a lifetime warranty and no questions asked support. I know that Excalibur, Parker and Ten Point will give you that. In fact, Excavator's warranty is on the bow, regardless who own it. That says a to me about their product. I don't own a Horton, so I'll let you decide if it meets the criteria I mentioned.

Mr. Longbeard 08-12-2010 08:55 AM

It seems all I ever read about horton bows is not good... I own a parker and have had nothing but good with it...

boomer92266 08-13-2010 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by smokepolehall (Post 3660363)
Mind you i ain't never owned one but have shot the explorer & a legend. The Legend was the better one, after their move to china i don't anything about them. If china's products are like the stuff maulmart sells its junk!

i just bought 2 horton tacoma trac 150 crossbows, it says right on the riser made in usa. a friend of mine got the summit 150hd, it also says made in usa. i don't know about the other models but these two are american made.

liquidorange 08-14-2010 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by boomer92266 (Post 3662874)
i just bought 2 horton tacoma trac 150 crossbows, it says right on the riser made in usa. a friend of mine got the summit 150hd, it also says made in usa. i don't know about the other models but these two are american made.

might be made in the usa as in assembled but i bet the parts are made overseas. kinda deceptive to me. like saying my canadian excalibur is made in america because when the brown truck arrives i bring it in the house and screw it together. on a side note i called Horton 2 times wanting to know more info on there xbows. even left a mesassage with who i was told was a supervisor and never got a call back. when i had excalibur questions danny miller who handles there warranty and question stuff he always answered the phone or called me back within an hour.

RWK 08-16-2010 12:08 PM

A bum now owns the company.Maybe his group will get caught again and pay some more fines.

sproulman 08-16-2010 07:14 PM

i have HORTON .the limbs split and it was 8 yrs old. only shot about 20 times.horton would not cover it on warranty being it was 8 yrs old.
it cost me 180 to fix it with new string.
other than that it shoots fine.

joeky 08-23-2010 05:32 AM

I shoot an old Legend, it groups real well out to 35 yds. Have had no problems at all.

sproulman 08-23-2010 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by joeky (Post 3667800)
I shoot an old Legend, it groups real well out to 35 yds. Have had no problems at all.

mine is legend too from 1999. does shoot real good.i dont hunt bucks with it,still use my fred bear kodiack.
after about 6 or so years, CHECK YOUR LIMBS. they do split near the holes that hold them on.