Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Need your help Please! >

Need your help Please!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Need your help Please!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need your help Please!

I bought a Parker crossbow the enforcer.
Also the parker 20"bolts to shoot with it weight on package of bolts say 414gr by carbon express.

THE QUESTION IS-What Grain points do I use 100grain or 125 gr.?

I was told that 100 grain will result in a dryfire?
by a non professional xbow hunter?
My parker is 160#s.

Thanks inadvance....
Old 06-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Spike

Yes, you should be shooting 125 gr points.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

''The Enforcer 160 shoots a 20 inch, 400 grain carbon arrow at 300+ feet per second, generating 85 foot-pounds of kinetic energy.''
You could shoot either.
The Parker arrows that came with one of my crossbows weigh in at 298, minus tip. So a 100 gr tip will get you very close to 400 gr. The 125 gr tip will get you 422, about ideal for your bow. The heavier arrow will impart less stress on bow, give you tad more kinetic energy but you will lose a few fps and slightly higher trajectory.
For comparison I shoot the 445 gr in my Cyclone at 355 fps.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dude I'm talking from expierience hear... If you are in any doubt at all about how heavey your arrow broadhead combo is... WEIGHT IT!!!

I blew my bow up from shooting 100gr heads... Parker fixed the bow no ? asked... But the guy new I was shooting to light of a arrow...
Old 06-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Dude I'm talking from expierience hear... If you are in any doubt at all about how heavey your arrow broadhead combo is... WEIGHT IT!!!

I blew my bow up from shooting 100gr heads... Parker fixed the bow no ? asked... But the guy new I was shooting to light of a arrow...
OK, so how much did your arrow weigh? And were you sure it was the too-light arrow? I had the same experience but it was a cracked nock tht did the deed. No more plastic moon nocks for me.

For the record, the quote I attached to my post is off the Parker site.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Spike

I shoot a Tornado...with Parker Red Hots tipped with 100-grain Sonic Pro broadheads.....this combo weighs in at around 410 grains...you will not have a dry-fire with that combination...you can shoot 125 grain heads...you will slightly improve your FOC....but you do not have to
Old 07-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Spike

Am I missing something here? Over stressing your bow is about arrow weight, not broadhead weight ... isn't it??? As long as your arrow meets manufacturer's minimum recommended weight or above, you should be good to go.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

ID...you are correct. Minimum weight is 400gr on any Parker bow. If you have a 50grarrow and a 350gr tip you are set...though it would probably fly like crap
Wyvern