Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Bowjax on Wicked Ridge Bow >

Bowjax on Wicked Ridge Bow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bowjax on Wicked Ridge Bow

Old 06-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowjax on Wicked Ridge Bow

OK...so far I have been pretty impressed with the WR bows, especially for the money. The one area that they did exactly what I thought they would is in the noise department...they are pretty loud. They have a high pitched "TING" when they are shot and you can feel the "thrum" after the shot due to the residual vibration. So I have had a chance to play with the Bowjax kit on a few of TenPoints higher end bows and they make a nice diferance in the noise and vibration but nothing like they do on the WR bow. I started off with a baseline DB reading on a Warrior and averaged out several shots to 92.3db (taken at 24" in front of the bow and 12" to the side). So I then went to put on the Bowjax kit. The kit for these style limbs attach with allen head screws on the limbs. The CLS style just twist in so they are even easier to install. The kit also includes 4 dampners that slide between the riser and the cable slide ( you pop off the front of the bow, pull the riser away, slide in the dampners and re-install the front end), and one that slides on the arrow retaining clip. I wanted to see how long a job it was to install this kit (being the slower kit to install because of needing to be screwed together) so I layed out the fully assembled bow, two allen wrenches, and a sealed box of dampners and hit the stop watch. Honestly taking my time and not rushing it took me a total of 4 minutes 48 seconds to have a fully assembled bow with the bowjax kit fully installed. The CLS limbs would be even quicker. So I run back out with my Bowjax equipt bow and take some more shots. The DB meter will show one thing but the shooter will notice another. The DB reading with the Bowjax kit was 89.4db average. Not a bad drop for $45.00!!! The big thing that the shooter will notice is the "TING!" is gone!!! It is now a dull "Thud" with practicaly NO residual vibration!!! It made a very noticable diferance on this bow, more so than on the CLS models though they work very well on those as well, so if anyone is looking to make their WR bow a LOT more enjoyable to shoot IMO this is well worth the $45.00 retail price. If anyone is interested in getting one of these they should be readily available at any Tenpoint dealer and the part number is #13910

Wyvern
Attached Thumbnails Bowjax on Wicked Ridge Bow-bowjax.jpg