Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
1st crossbow purchase >

1st crossbow purchase

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

1st crossbow purchase

Old 03-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do yourself a favor and save a little more money and get an Excalibur belive me you will not be sorry go on all the crossbow sites you can find do research. I have not been into this crossbow biz very long myself. This is what I did I talked to people till I became a pain I went on every site I could find I asked every question I could think of. And I started looking at maintenance problems. Boom thats what did it. It seems like every compound crossbow was having some problem or another but I could never find a single maintenance problem with the Excalibur. Then I went to hold and shoot them and thats what sold me. I love the way mine shoots, looks I can do just about all the maintenance on it myself. And lets say something happens while going to your stand you catch your string on something and it needs to be changed you hunt is done if you have a compound cross bow. With the Excalibur you change it right where you are and keep on going. But don't take my word for it, do the research.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Mike.
Have owned 2 'wheel bows' and 3 Excals. No question that the Excal is more trouble free. Just assembled my Excals after winter storage with nothing more than a hex wrench and a stringer. No fuss, no pro shop and no bow press necessary.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Spike

fwbdeacon,

Here at TenPoint we have just released our new line of crossbows under $500. The product line is WickedRidge. Our Warrior is listed at $399. This line is the same quality you can expect from all of our TenPoint Crossbows at a price point you are looking for. Check them out: www.wickedridgecrossbows.com

Last edited by TenPoint Matt; 04-02-2010 at 07:48 AM.