Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
desrt stryker blew up in my face!!!!!!!! >

desrt stryker blew up in my face!!!!!!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

desrt stryker blew up in my face!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Spike

Default desrt stryker blew up in my face!!!!!!!!

i bought this crossbow the desert stryker a year ago i havent really shot it on my 30th shot the cam were the srting mounts to broke when i pressed the trigger and it blew up in my face i was wondering if this happened to anyone else

Last edited by bowmansam; 01-13-2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: mistype
Old 01-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Did you have an arrow loaded.
If yes, was the arrow pressed all the way against the string?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 PM
bigcountry

Holy cow, that would be freaking scary. Any pictures. We have to see pictures.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Did you have an arrow loaded.
If yes, was the arrow pressed all the way against the string?
=yes there was a arrow loaded and yes it was all the way back it has to be on that model for it to fire
Old 01-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Holy cow, that would be freaking scary. Any pictures. We have to see pictures.
i have pictures of the bow and my face if i can figure out how to post them i will and yes it was very scarey dont really have any more confidence in this product not sure whats going to happin because ive been looking and found out that this has been happening on this product and it is very unsafe
Old 01-13-2010, 06:08 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bowmansam
i have pictures of the bow and my face if i can figure out how to post them i will and yes it was very scarey dont really have any more confidence in this product not sure whats going to happin because ive been looking and found out that this has been happening on this product and it is very unsafe
Sorry it happened. I have had a few bows blow up that I have built, and its scary, can't imagine a crossbow with that much energy.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know the questions sounded stupid but being that I work in an archery / gun retail store I get to see and hear a lot of idiotic stuff so I always ask stuff like that first.

What bolts are you using, specifically what type of nocks are installed on the bolts?

I have found that the Easton and Beman bolts that have the small slot cut into the 1/2 moon nock will split under the force of the Stryker line of crossbows and make bad things happen. I have seen this happen to a couple of stryker crossbows with the slotted nocks... The nocks jsut break in half and you end up dry firing the bow when the string slips under or over the bolt.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Spike

I am here were bowtechs are made in my hometown and everyone in town here has one.They are the single worst bow money can buy.I have seen more bowtech blow upsince they opened here.they have even earned the name blowtech becouse they are so notorious for blowing up.I had an 05 allegence blow up and twice my liberty cracked limbs.No more bowtech for me.Lets just say the bowtech employees get them for free pretty much and they all say they would not be shooting them if they were not free.my suggestion,your local pro shop should be able to replace all the parts damaged for free get it fixed and sell it before you wind up missing a trophy or worse end up in the hospital....
Old 01-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Spike

[QUOTE. I have seen this happen to a couple of stryker crossbows QUOTE]

note the remark from the post before mine....
Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

As I said in my post, the cause of the Strykers coming apart was a result of the weak nocks not being able to take the stored energy that the stryker bows produce. Not a problem with the bows.

If you are going to quote me then do it in the context of which my statement was about. If not then don't quote me to twist my words so you can make you absurd point.

I actually work with bows every day for a living and have seen and repaired hundreds of bows and a whole lot of crossbows from nearly every manufacturer and they all blow up, crack limbs, delaminate limbs, splinter limbs, get bent risers, broken string posts, etc... etc... etc...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.