Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
desrt stryker blew up in my face!!!!!!!! >

desrt stryker blew up in my face!!!!!!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

desrt stryker blew up in my face!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Spike

sorry if i offended you.I was not intentionally slandering your post I was only trying to offermy two cents.i have family who works for bowtech and I am in the pro shops in town almost daily shooting league.I have a pretty good knowledge on bows and who is producing quality equiptment.There are companies who take pride in quality and those who don't.A dry fire should not always result in a bow blowing up,not to say sometimes they do.Some company's pride themselves on that and build them to take that abuse.Lets just put it this way and this is only one example.This year bowtech came out with the distroyer.they recived the limbs and were assembling the bows and they were having limbs break while they were in the presses.not one or two about 50 percent and the ones that survived they shipped out for sale.the bowtech employees didn't want to risk even testing the distroyer out.now the bows are comming back by the truck loads and the problem still has not been resolved.this information is pretty open in town here and the quality has been an issue forever.this is not just one case or even your average problem this is what horror stories are made of. I guess to each his own but I do not belive in bowtech or diamond. It's only my opinion and I am just trying to spread my knowledge.I belive that was what we are all here for
Old 01-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Spike

also look at bowman sams last post he says he has found that this has been happening to this product
Old 01-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by blacktail4ever
sorry if i offended you.I was not intentionally slandering your post I was only trying to offermy two cents.i have family who works for bowtech and I am in the pro shops in town almost daily shooting league.I have a pretty good knowledge on bows and who is producing quality equiptment.There are companies who take pride in quality and those who don't.A dry fire should not always result in a bow blowing up,not to say sometimes they do.Some company's pride themselves on that and build them to take that abuse.Lets just put it this way and this is only one example.This year bowtech came out with the distroyer.they recived the limbs and were assembling the bows and they were having limbs break while they were in the presses.not one or two about 50 percent and the ones that survived they shipped out for sale.the bowtech employees didn't want to risk even testing the distroyer out.now the bows are comming back by the truck loads and the problem still has not been resolved.this information is pretty open in town here and the quality has been an issue forever.this is not just one case or even your average problem this is what horror stories are made of. I guess to each his own but I do not belive in bowtech or diamond. It's only my opinion and I am just trying to spread my knowledge.I belive that was what we are all here for
Damn, if this post doesn't get things fired up around here, nothing will!
Blacktail, I honestly believe your intentions are good, but dude you need to brush up on your spelling!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM
bigcountry

Uh Oh, you stepped in it now. Rob/PA will not be happy when he returns.

But I am sorta with ya on this post.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Spike

I belive we are here to provide facts not to promote garbage.I hope we are being informed of product reviews from the people who use them
Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Talk about opening up Pandora's box. You opened up every orifice she's got!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

No kidding! Just goes to show how dead it is around here, that nobody even noticed
Old 01-14-2010, 02:12 PM
bigcountry

I belive we are here to provide facts not to promote garbage.I hope we are being informed of product reviews from the people who use them
This is HNI man. We are only programmed to love the bowtech.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

It would be nice if that was true and everyone here was just here to provide facts unfortunately that is not the case.

I visit several dealers in 3 states and on occasion others farther away. I have also worked shooting booths where you see the occasional dryfire. I have yet to see a BowTech blowup personally, and dealers report nothing like you are posting. I'm all for factual posts. It seems some of these posts are a little shy of the facts. I mean BowTech has been the fastest growing Bow company since "99" and I don't think BowHunters are that Stupid that would buy less than quality equipment and then go back and buy more.

blacktail4ever thanks for your warning but I have owned over 15 BowTechs without 1 failure and several animals taken in all kinds of conditions.

I would have No problems shooting any of the top brands of Bows out there today. It really is a great time to be an avid Archer/Bowhunter. I'll stick with BowTech for now

Dan
Old 01-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

this should be in the x-bow forum first of all. secondly, stuff does unfortunately happen. I guess the RIGHT thing would have been to contact the dealer instead of coming on here for your 3rd post and basically just trying to be negative toward any product.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.