Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Excalibur Phoenix VS TenPoint Titan HLX >

Excalibur Phoenix VS TenPoint Titan HLX

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur Phoenix VS TenPoint Titan HLX

Old 12-08-2009, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by speedball
Ive been under the assumption that my tenpoint is the best there is great performance, great customer service, great manuverability while hunting and most of all great bang for the buck, shooting a 425 grain bolt my hlx shoots 308 fps, i dont think a recurve can match that.Excalibur's are great but dont overlook a T.P. they are awesome crossbows, no "wishing" i bought anything else...............
Your TP may be awesome but you are misinformed. My Excalibur Equinox and Vortex BOTH exceed 308 fps with that weight arrow.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default TenPoint

Tenpoint would be my choice of the two. Hunter2
Old 12-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Cossack
Your TP may be awesome but you are misinformed. My Excalibur Equinox and Vortex BOTH exceed 308 fps with that weight arrow.
Cossack look at the raw facts here both of those recurves are 200lbs and 225 lbs yes they outperform the 175 pound bow the same 175lb model recurve will not. just the facts dont compare it with a 350 grain arrow either.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckeyefootball
Tenpoint would be my choice of the two. Hunter2
Which one are ya,your on hunting net.com not crossbow nation.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by speedball
Cossack look at the raw facts here both of those recurves are 200lbs and 225 lbs yes they outperform the 175 pound bow the same 175lb model recurve will not. just the facts dont compare it with a 350 grain arrow either.
You didn't specify any pulll weight parameters in your post, more like " (not) ANY recurve can match that." AND I used the same weight arrow you mentioned, not the 350 g. TP are a good bow, try to let one down without shooting, or change a string without a press, however. And by the way, 4 of the top 5 sinners at the recent IBA shoot were.....EXCALIBUR.
Narrower? Yes. Easier to maintain? No. More durable? No. Faster? Only if matched in pull weight. More accurate? Apparently not!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Spike

Default scorpyd???

let-em fly!!! what do we think of this thing
Old 12-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Spike

wow testy when the facts are RIGHT, i let mine down without shooting just fine you gotta know what to do, even with my defender i can, and ive owned an excal they are good bows too but not my cup of tea, i spend way too much time in a stand to really enjoy the championships that excal has won that has no bearing to me or the regular guy that buys a crossbow, Cossack were in this together, lets agree to disagree they both make good products and if we keep talking c&@% on here the administrator will kick us off, anyway we that shoot crossbows have won a great deal the past two years with all the states coming on board only great debates will be in our future,speed........
Old 12-10-2009, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

"And by the way, 4 of the top 5 sinners at the recent IBA shoot were.....EXCALIBUR.
Narrower? Yes. Easier to maintain? No. More durable? No. Faster? Only if matched in pull weight. More accurate? Apparently not!!!"

I dissagree...the rules are such that Excal is one of the few bows that fits the rules and the "let down at the line" eliminates most all of the compounds. That and most of the competitions Excal has won are done in Canada so that right there eliminates many of the US competitiors from showing up in force. The only real "accuracy" advantage is that off hand the Excal are lighter so they are easier to hold steady, but from a solid rest they are no more "accurate" than any other good quality bow out there. If you are the vast majority of the bows in the competition and you win most of the spots all it really says is that for that particular form of shooting Excal is probably the best choice. Personaly the idea of going to a competition and having to pull an arrow that is shooting much faster than the majority of the people beside me out of targets that are hard as stone does not thrill me much, so I also would be inclined to shoot a slower bow just for the ease of arrow removal factor alone. Beyond that, they all have their pros and cons and personaly I can drill holes at distance tighter with my SF than I can with any of my other bows including my Excal, so the accuracy claim is moot...they all are good in that department, it depends too much on what fits the shooter best.

Wyvern

Last edited by Wyvern Crossbow; 12-10-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

im going to cabelas friday to test them out ill let you guys know which one i got