Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Big big buck

Old 11-04-2009, 03:34 AM
Spike

I don't belive God himself would have chanced that shot. And then post about it!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:40 AM
Spike

One thing to note is that most everyone on here has said the shot was ridiculous and unethical, I dont see one single post from renfrowridge standing up for or defending his self. I think he knows darn good and well it was wrong. THE SHOT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN TAKEN, AND I DONT CARE HOW GOOD YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!!

Also, Chuck7 rather than stand up to us for your buddy you should advise him of the error in his ways. What kind of ethical "godly" person tries a shot like that? What an idiot!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Also, Chuck7 rather than stand up to us for your buddy you should advise him of the error in his ways.

It's funny you should say that..I just read the Biblical directions on doing just that."Go to thy brother one on one"..never in public to embarrass him." Summary.."Do unto others as you would have them to unto you."
Old 11-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

This started weird and just got weirder.
I have failed to make the connection between a 2000 year old book and the guy who announced, in public, that he took that disgusting shot. Then announced, again in public, that he was willing to decieve people who would view the picture.

All that aside, I hope that John Q. Public understands that the majority of hunters would not consider taking a risk of that magnitude on a living creature.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Also, Chuck7 rather than stand up to us for your buddy you should advise him of the error in his ways.

It's funny you should say that..I just read the Biblical directions on doing just that."Go to thy brother one on one"..never in public to embarrass him." Summary.."Do unto others as you would have them to unto you."

I seriously cannot believe that you are posting these scriptures for a few guys on a message board ridiculing someone over a shot that is unethical to take. You really should use your energy and knowledge of the gospel in a better setting. This case it isn't necessary.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

My friend..scriptures go through my head non stop..I'm a Christian..
Old 11-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Chuck7
My friend..scriptures go through my head non stop..I'm a Christian..
I don't even want to begin to get into this.

I would like to see pics of this deer regardless if the shot was well thought out or not.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Spike

Im beginning to wonder about the validity of this entire post. If there was a 12 pt. buck where are the photos? I think this is just a bogus post with no substance at all. BTW Chuck7 there is another forum you can use for your "non stop" bible verses. They really have nothing to do with the goof that supposedly tried an 85 yard shot at the biggest deer he has ever seen. Im thinking maybe he shot it with his rifle in bow season, and everything else has just been a cover story.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Spike

I cant speak for others But I would not have tried it.
But Congrats on the shot .Now where's the Pics
Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Pydpiper
This started weird and just got weirder.
I have failed to make the connection between a 2000 year old book and the guy who announced, in public, that he took that disgusting shot. Then announced, again in public, that he was willing to decieve people who would view the picture.
here is the original and only post by Chuck (renfrowridge) in this thread

Originally Posted by renfrowridge
First time I have hunted with a crossbow man is God great. I stroked a 12 point a 85 yard shot, biggest deer I have ever shot. As soon as I can get a pic to load I will show you guys.

then you post this

Originally Posted by Pydpiper
I think you are lying.
I also think this is just an attempt to shed a bad light on crossbows without actually breaking any rules.
Half your posts are about God, then you come up with this:
"I stroke a 12 point last night I think I will put a gun with it and post it here. But just between us I shot with a crossbow at 85 yards pics to follow.
That would make you a liar, and quite a hypocryte.
The math behind a 85 yard shot is mind boggeling, apply a mature buck to that equasion and all that is left is BS.
could you please find me the post (they are numbered) where Chuck mentioned "putting a gun with it"

don't get quiet on us now

as far the rest of you, try handing out some contructive critisim it would reflect on this whole group (hunters) more favorably, calling someone and idiot, assinine, liar, and stupid will not help anyone, myself i find it ironic that people that hunt with X-bows would call somebody else out on ethics to begin with (BTW, thats a Joke) < but see how easy that was, i don't care what you hunt with as long as no game laws are broken...

as for the shot, can't really say, only shot a X-bow once in my life, wasn't for me, my cousin has one and i have never given him any crap about it, its legal here, so have at it...

as to why there are some post pointing to religion, this post originated in the religion forum, and was moved, sorry your being subjected to this..

as far as range, i shoot what i'm comfortable with, my compound, i feel confident out to the 50 yard mark, i practice every day, do my own bow work, and am confident in my equipment, however other factors will dictate my shot distance, wind, tree's or an open shot, deer behaivior, light, with a rifle i'll shoot to 500+ yards, once again i practice at this range, and if i feel comfortable with the shot, its gone, now if i started doubting my abilities or questioning other factors i would adjust the distance i'd be willing to attempt the shot, with my pistol i have limited myself to 150 yards, again depending on conditions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.