Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Big big buck

Old 11-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, but that was an unethical shot. It doesn't match your signature line either. Please reconsider your ranges.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Spike

Save the great shots for target practice. Glad you got him. Not because it was a great shot, but because the neighbors didn't have to find him next week lying dead.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default thtas long

I dont think under even perfect conditions that would be a shot I would try. I would rather wait for a closer shot or let it go like a long range catch and release. Buckeyefootball
Old 11-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DaGriz
X3!! Very stupid , unethical and down right assinine!
X4
I will shoot targets that far but NEVER an animal.
I was hoping it was a typo but the 3 is a long way from the 8 on my keyboard
Old 11-02-2009, 03:48 AM
Spike

Default AGREE---waaay too far

Just what the ANTI'S feed on------particularly the vertical guys that are against us
Old 11-02-2009, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to rain on your parade but at that sort of distance you stand a far better chance at wasting a good buck.

Congrats on your deer but bow hunting should be a close quarters game. I don't even practive at 85 yards with my crossbow and wonder how many FEET the arrow drops over that distance. Thats like an artillary round. I just can't imagine how high you would have to hold.

I am glad you got your deer and you may not be the only guy out there who "changes" his self imposed distance when the opportunity arises. Sometimes a ****ed bow has no conscience.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

I think you are lying.
I also think this is just an attempt to shed a bad light on crossbows without actually breaking any rules.
Half your posts are about God, then you come up with this:
"I stroke a 12 point last night I think I will put a gun with it and post it here. But just between us I shot with a crossbow at 85 yards pics to follow.
That would make you a liar, and quite a hypocryte.
The math behind a 85 yard shot is mind boggeling, apply a mature buck to that equasion and all that is left is BS.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

Reading that story make me sick.How can Hunting.net that promote ethical hunting has the gut to post such an idiot story like that and agree to this first time crossbow shooter.
I'm a sharp shooter ,shooting bows for over 44 years and crossbows for near 4 years and I will never shoot a deer past 30yards.I can too shoot bullseye at amazing distance but animal deserve ethical shot.
Taureau noir
Old 11-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pydpiper
I think you are lying.
I also think this is just an attempt to shed a bad light on crossbows without actually breaking any rules.
Half your posts are about God, then you come up with this:
"I stroke a 12 point last night I think I will put a gun with it and post it here. But just between us I shot with a crossbow at 85 yards pics to follow.
That would make you a liar, and quite a hypocryte.
The math behind a 85 yard shot is mind boggeling, apply a mature buck to that equasion and all that is left is BS.
As usual I didn't think of that angle my friend but I imagine you are correct.
I am well aware that there are yahoos and goobers in every aspect of hunting but this post is just ludacris.

To the folks who browse this and other hunting forums that read this,I hope you can see by 99% of the responses that we will not condone this amoung our ranks.We can't stop it but these types of posts will be met with strong attitudes as 99% of us are ETHICAL hunters and would NEVER take such a shot or DEFEND the person who allegedly made such a stupid and assinie shot
Old 11-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Dominant Buck

I sincerely thank God that none of you will be my judge on Judgement Day..I happen to know Chuck Renfrowledge very well..He's not a liar...he eats and breathes hunting and shooting .He is a very generous man..he's not a hypocrite..he's walking in the measure of faith that he has recieved..

Folks, we need to look at the entire person and not try to find their flaws..The Lord desires us to walk in mercy ...Until one is perfect I don't think it's good to stand in judgement...

Have a great day..
Chuck7

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.