Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

..haters..

Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Spike

Post ..haters..

.WHAT THE HECK.......I HAVE TOLD A FEW BOW HUNTERS THAT I WAS GOING TO GET INTO HUNTING.....BUT THAT I WAS GOING TO USE A "CROSSBOW"......HOLY SHHH@@@....I WAS GONNA GET KILLED FOR THAT ONE.....whats going on........are crossbows hated sooo much....whats the deal with that....my UPS driver only uses recurve...and disses those who use compound....says thats for fags....and forget about the x-bows......thats to easy.....??

Last edited by JW; 10-08-2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: F word in any form is not allowed.........JW
Old 10-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

hunting is hunting..they are allowing xbows during an archery only season here in texas. and people use guns lol, i think xbow is harder than a rifle with a scope or iron sights. and i heard about a couple barnetts (somehin like that i really havnt looked) that blew up, so be careful

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 10-24-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Spike

...come on texas.let there be crossbow for the healthy and strong.......no electric chair.......what else can the great peolpe from the long star cant enjoy...??????
Old 10-08-2009, 02:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

He wasnt against them just stateing the facts
and watch out for Barnett xbows they are having
their problems,
Old 10-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

Go pick up and handle all the bows you can then make a choice to the price you have pre determined. Buckeyefootball
Old 10-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't pay them nay sayers no mind about their loose tounges! they're jealous of yer CB. next one opens his mouth ask if he shoots a home-made long or flat Bow. cause if they be purists thats all they could live with & go to sleep at nite. weren't no companys or Bowshops back when archery seasons got started here in the States. i ain't that old but i started with a longbow in 1958. CB's are at least 3000 yrs old

Last edited by smokepolehall; 10-08-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Spike

I think it is the point a click properties of a crossbow that other bowhunters don't like. Honestly though, I couldn't care less what you prefer to hunt with.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PALLBEARER
.WHAT THE HECK.......I HAVE TOLD A FEW BOW HUNTERS THAT I WAS GOING TO GET INTO HUNTING.....BUT THAT I WAS GOING TO USE A "CROSSBOW"......HOLY SHHH@@@....I WAS GONNA GET KILLED FOR THAT ONE.....whats going on........are crossbows hated sooo much....whats the deal with that....my UPS driver only uses recurve...and disses those who use compound....says thats for fags....and forget about the x-bows......thats to easy.....??
I was in on the crossbow "fight" in NJ and am glad to say they were unanimously approved for all bowhunters in all archery season beginning this year. Opposition never had any valid reason to disallow crossbows, it was always based on emotions and opinions. Basically, came down to "not in my woods, shooting my deer"!! Don't pay attention to those who won't support another bowhunter, merely because he/she wish to use a different kind of bow. Good luck to you and hunt safe. Btw, what county are you in? I am in Bergen.

Last edited by JW; 10-08-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: F word in quote not allowed
Old 10-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

I got an awsome deal on my Xbow is why I bought, I looked and looked for a compound bows but being left handed gave me slim pickings and every shop around here said they would have to order it for me to try. The money I could have saved in gas for looking around and then having to go back to the stores ( I live out in the sticks, so the shops are 40 to 50 miles away) I could have paid for the bow I bought.

I would love to have a recurve, and a compound but its a waste with all the shops around me including Bass Pro and a Gander, along with other smaller shops.

I only bow and blackpowder hunt. From early oct. till the first week in Jan. I either have a bow or blackpowder.. Blackpowder rifle isn't very high tech, but fun as hell to use.
Attached Thumbnails ..haters..-smhawk.jpg  
Old 10-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't hunt with a crossbow, but I don't have anything against them either. I hunt Texas and Arkansas during archery season. In Arkansas there has been a crossbow season for 30 years. I ran the stats and the Xbow harvest has been 30% of the total for the last five years. It hasn't decimated the herd.

I have had numerous conversations with fellow bowhunters in Texas and it occurs to me that the only thing that they are against is any competition on public lands during archery season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.