Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

..haters..

Old 10-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Spike

I have used vertical bows all my life, and switched over to a crossbow this year (it is now legal here in LA for everybody).

It is simple for me. I am deathly afraid of heights and NEVER felt comfortable standing up in a climber to shoot my bow. With a crossbow I can leave my climber at home and hunt ground level much more effectively, and if I do use my stand I can stay seated. It is my way of getting the most enjoyment out of my archery season, PERIOD. That is why we do this!! To enjoy ourselves, and I can tell you after just a couple of hunts with the x-bow that I am going to love it. I hunt public land so not having to lug a stand in and out of the woods every time I hunt is wonderful. Now I can make a quick evening hunt if I want with nothing by my x-bow and a turkey chair. LOVE IT.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

X2
Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Spike

I personally dont care what a fellow hunters weapon of choice is! As long as were all here on this great earth together being able to do what we love to do why argue about a passion that we all share? I say go get your x-bow get it sighted in get those stands hung because that great thing we call the rut shall be upon us very very soon! May all your whitetails have giant horns attached on the other end!!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Spike

The anti"s love it when something like this divides us. Hunting is hunting whether we do with vertical or horizontal bows. The arrow short or long still kills our game of choice. As long as it gets someone interested, go for it and be happy.Don't sweat the small stuff, life is too short..Peashooter
Old 10-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default times two

Originally Posted by PeashooterJoe
The anti"s love it when something like this divides us. Hunting is hunting whether we do with vertical or horizontal bows. The arrow short or long still kills our game of choice. As long as it gets someone interested, go for it and be happy.Don't sweat the small stuff, life is too short..Peashooter
Agreed. Just do it. Buckeyefootball
Old 10-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

As long as your having fun and doing justice to the deer by practicing hard and doing your best to make a clean kill, I would not worry what any one else thinks. Va. has allowed for xbow hunting for the past three or four years and I have enjoyed every minute of it!!! Its just as easy to miss with a xbow as it is with any other bow. You still have to practice and know your distances and be able to trail a hit deer and all. Best of luck to you all......
Old 10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Spike

i agree on what mackesr said. Who cares on what other people says. I use both xbow and compound, even though i have bad shoulders. It's just as hard to shoot the xbow as you shoot the compound.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Spike

..thanks to all of you........crossbow "assasins"......its about time my state lets us get into the hunt.......like some of you said......hunting is hunting....cant wait to shot my first six legged frog up here in the meadowlands.........
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

Crossbows are legal for ALL hunters this year in TEXAS. I've been waiting for this, as I hope it's easier than regular bow, as I have bad shoulders. Haven't tried one yet, but plan on having one for next yrs season.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get it all the time. People call me a "cheater". Whatever, I dont care. I treat my crossbow like a compound. I don't shoot past 40.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.