Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

..haters..

Old 10-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Spike

Thumbs up .......passiac county...and bergen...lol

.....im in north jersey....passiac county,,,and bergen...
Originally Posted by kmtpr
I was in on the crossbow "fight" in NJ and am glad to say they were unanimously approved for all bowhunters in all archery season beginning this year. Opposition never had any valid reason to disallow crossbows, it was always based on emotions and opinions. Basically, came down to "not in my woods, shooting my deer"!! Don't pay attention to those who won't support another bowhunter, merely because he/she wish to use a different kind of bow. Good luck to you and hunt safe. Btw, what county are you in? I am in Bergen.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

man i just took a brand new crossbow out of the box and it took 6 shots to sight it in at 20 yds deads nuts. i wouldn't dare aim at the same spot twice. NOW what in the hell is so wrong with THAT!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by sits in trees
man i just took a brand new crossbow out of the box and it took 6 shots to sight it in at 20 yds deads nuts. i wouldn't dare aim at the same spot twice. NOW what in the hell is so wrong with THAT!!!!!!
That is no reason to stop the hatin'.

Seems like the only passionate posts are bashing posts. It seems to bring them out of the woodwork and unite them with a purpose.

It is very cool that your bow is shooting TIGHT! Congrats.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PALLBEARER
.....im in north jersey....passiac county,,,and bergen...
That's cool. Learn all you can about crossbows and hunt safe. Good luck this hunting season. Btw, check your PMs.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

I say hunt with what ever makes you happy,
I tried the crossbow, but could not get a decent hit past 50 yards or on running deer.
I just use my "supressed" .22mag in bow season now, I took a real nice 10 pointer the day before early muzzle loader, before they all invaded the woods.
No more messing with the climber, or trying to draw on an alert deer.
Hunt with what ever makes you happy, and the bonus is I can still hunt, walking around the woods, pissing of those bow hunters, now they don't come around this chunk of woods, so I have it to myself.

(sarcasm Off)
Slack
Old 11-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Screw them all but 6, those you'll need for pallbearers; and, if you're cremated, only ONE!