Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME???? >

which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME????

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME????

Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Spike

Unhappy which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME????

.....OK....im getting into hunting here in NEW JERSEY....now that we have crossbow........looking to hunt winter bow season 2010.....im looking at 4 crossbows on the market...need to pick a great long term x-bow.these are my choices....#1 BARNET PREDATOR.....#2 PARKER TORNADO....#3 Stryker Stryke Force by Bowtech....#4 TenPoint Defender CLS.....I NEED SOME HARD CORE info from all you hunters reading this.....i see the barnet and parker are around $600....bowtech and 10 point $999...1,099.00...all come as some kind of package.......need somthing that i dont have to replace for awhile.....info please..?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

a guy had a barnett blow up on him on the forums in here , i read today...i did hear xbow was legal here in rifle season, but here they jus legalized it fer archery onl season fer disabled persons...\

ya get what ya pay fer
Old 10-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Spike

...i did read somthing about that barnet c-4 mishap.......just wanted to get more info.....as much as possible......will be buying in the next few weeks..
Old 10-08-2009, 02:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Call Wyvern Creations and talk to David Wilkens 603-659-0575
he can help with all your questions and has the best prices on
his "packages"he is the best there is as far as archery goes,it
will be the best phone call you will ever make!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default good choices

Originally Posted by PALLBEARER
.....OK....im getting into hunting here in NEW JERSEY....now that we have crossbow........looking to hunt winter bow season 2010.....im looking at 4 crossbows on the market...need to pick a great long term x-bow.these are my choices....#1 BARNET PREDATOR.....#2 PARKER TORNADO....#3 Stryker Stryke Force by Bowtech....#4 TenPoint Defender CLS.....I NEED SOME HARD CORE info from all you hunters reading this.....i see the barnet and parker are around $600....bowtech and 10 point $999...1,099.00...all come as some kind of package.......need somthing that i dont have to replace for awhile.....info please..?
Good choices, for the choices listed the Strykerforce is the flatest shooting, so if your a hunter you know how important that is. The Tornado feels great and would save you some money. That would be my 2 choices if they fit your price point. Buckeyefootball
Old 10-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

www.excaliburcrossbow.com
Old 10-08-2009, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Please do yerself a big favor! don't invest on a Barfnett as it will let you down & it won't wait fer yrs down the road
Old 10-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

If I was in the market for a compound crossbow I would probably get the 10 point defender. I prefer the simplicity of the recurve design so I own an excalibur phoenix and an excalibur vortex. Check them out if you decide on a recurve design. I too will try to hunt Jersey's winter bow in 2010 as crossbows are illegal to use in NYS.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Texas now has full inclusion in archery season for xbows for all. I believe there's one county that's not. Yet.

I shoot Excals, but of the bows you listed it would be Strykeforce or 10 pt for me.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Spike

The ten point is a great looking x-bow! I personally own a horton express and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I guess it all comes down to what you prefer and i would encourage you to go to your local sporting goods and handle a few different bows and find one that fits you and your prefences on how it shoulders etc. Get yourself a target some bolts and broadheads and enjoy! That ten-point is SWEET!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.