HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/306185-buy-please-help-me.html)

PALLBEARER 10-07-2009 07:34 PM

which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME????

.....OK....im getting into hunting here in NEW JERSEY....now that we have crossbow........looking to hunt winter bow season 2010.....im looking at 4 crossbows on the market...need to pick a great long term x-bow.these are my choices....#1 BARNET PREDATOR.....#2 PARKER TORNADO....#3 Stryker Stryke Force by Bowtech....#4 TenPoint Defender CLS.....I NEED SOME HARD CORE info from all you hunters reading this.....i see the barnet and parker are around $600....bowtech and 10 point $999...1,099.00...all come as some kind of package.......need somthing that i dont have to replace for awhile.....info please..?

halfbakedi420 10-07-2009 07:44 PM

a guy had a barnett blow up on him on the forums in here , i read today...i did hear xbow was legal here in rifle season, but here they jus legalized it fer archery onl season fer disabled persons...\

ya get what ya pay fer

PALLBEARER 10-07-2009 07:57 PM

...i did read somthing about that barnet c-4 mishap.......just wanted to get more info.....as much as possible......will be buying in the next few weeks..

coyote170 10-08-2009 02:36 AM

Call Wyvern Creations and talk to David Wilkens 603-659-0575
he can help with all your questions and has the best prices on
his "packages"he is the best there is as far as archery goes,it
will be the best phone call you will ever make!

Huntr2 10-08-2009 04:07 AM

good choices

Originally Posted by PALLBEARER (Post 3467006)
.....OK....im getting into hunting here in NEW JERSEY....now that we have crossbow........looking to hunt winter bow season 2010.....im looking at 4 crossbows on the market...need to pick a great long term x-bow.these are my choices....#1 BARNET PREDATOR.....#2 PARKER TORNADO....#3 Stryker Stryke Force by Bowtech....#4 TenPoint Defender CLS.....I NEED SOME HARD CORE info from all you hunters reading this.....i see the barnet and parker are around $600....bowtech and 10 point $999...1,099.00...all come as some kind of package.......need somthing that i dont have to replace for awhile.....info please..?

Good choices, for the choices listed the Strykerforce is the flatest shooting, so if your a hunter you know how important that is. The Tornado feels great and would save you some money. That would be my 2 choices if they fit your price point. Buckeyefootball

tourangeaud 10-08-2009 04:29 AM

www.excaliburcrossbow.com

smokepolehall 10-08-2009 04:58 AM

Please do yerself a big favor! don't invest on a Barfnett as it will let you down & it won't wait fer yrs down the road

LIAF 10-08-2009 09:14 PM

If I was in the market for a compound crossbow I would probably get the 10 point defender. I prefer the simplicity of the recurve design so I own an excalibur phoenix and an excalibur vortex. Check them out if you decide on a recurve design. I too will try to hunt Jersey's winter bow in 2010 as crossbows are illegal to use in NYS.

awshucks 10-08-2009 09:16 PM

Texas now has full inclusion in archery season for xbows for all. I believe there's one county that's not. Yet.

I shoot Excals, but of the bows you listed it would be Strykeforce or 10 pt for me.

jd24_1 10-08-2009 10:12 PM

The ten point is a great looking x-bow! I personally own a horton express and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I guess it all comes down to what you prefer and i would encourage you to go to your local sporting goods and handle a few different bows and find one that fits you and your prefences on how it shoulders etc. Get yourself a target some bolts and broadheads and enjoy! That ten-point is SWEET!!!