Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME???? >

which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME????

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME????

Old 10-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Spike

Default defender on bear

Originally Posted by guasto
Great choices! The Defender from 10point is a great crossbow and the Stryker as well! You really can't go wrong between the two. I had to chose between the two and i decided that the Defender was the best for me. It's more compact, Lighter, it felt more comfortable than the stryker and there is a 500 price difference.
Now, it also depends on what game your going for? Are you only going for whitetail? If you plan on going bear hunting, then i would choose the stryker, otherwise i wouldn't give up the defender.
Me and my friend shot 5 shots at 50 yards and there was only 2'' spread! I is very accurate! I love my DEFENDER!
...you wrote about if i were gonna shoot bear..(stryker)......whould like to know if the defender has what it takes to take down big game....lets say at 40-50 yards...????...i still not shot a crossbow yet....i will be picking one up in the next week or two....
Old 10-14-2009, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Youve gotten the best advice you can get,Call Wyverns 603 659 0575 and yes the Defender will take any big you choose to hunt.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Spike

...thanks coyote170................long live the coyote............
Old 10-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PALLBEARER
......it looks like it may come down to the ..ten point or bowtech,,,,??????????????????????????????????????? ???
I have both. The Desert Stryker, the regular Stryker and a Tenpoint Stealth X2. Also have an older Browning that is mostly a Tenpoint.
The small size and low noise of the Bowtech Strykeforce makes it a pretty good choice for a hunting xbow. I had a Barnett and that is enough said on those. Never had a Parker but they have a great customer service dept.

Try each first and go with what feels best for you.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the StrykeForce and I must say it is an awesome crossbow. Accurate and low noise (relative to crossbows) Low vibration, oh and did I say ACCURATE.. It is a fantastic all around hunting crossbow do to its narrow A TO A and nice balance.

One piece of advice I will give ( umm make that 2 pieces of advice) 1.. Call David wyvern like the others said. Best phone call you will make in regards to crossbow info. I MEAN IT.

2. Get or atleast look at Hawke sport optics line of crossbow scopes. THey are the bomb. I mean that too. Ask David as he has these too.

Best of luck

Good hunting

Brian
Old 10-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Spike

Thumbs up ....I did call DAVID @ WYVERN.....

Originally Posted by 445 supermag
I have the StrykeForce and I must say it is an awesome crossbow. Accurate and low noise (relative to crossbows) Low vibration, oh and did I say ACCURATE.. It is a fantastic all around hunting crossbow do to its narrow A TO A and nice balance.

One piece of advice I will give ( umm make that 2 pieces of advice) 1.. Call David wyvern like the others said. Best phone call you will make in regards to crossbow info. I MEAN IT.

2. Get or atleast look at Hawke sport optics line of crossbow scopes. THey are the bomb. I mean that too. Ask David as he has these too.

Best of luck

Good hunting

Brian
.........it was the best phone call i made....I am in the talks with him now...i am going for the STRYKE FORCE.....it gets alot of thumbs up from everybody i have talked to.....the DEFENDER gets alot too.....they are both great xbows....but they are in the...$$$$$...for those who cant afford one......to bad for the PREDATOR...i was hopeing there were better things about it..."NOT"....COULD HAVE SAVED LOTS $$$$...AND USE IT FOR HUNTING GEAR..
Old 10-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

I am in New Jersey also and I got a Parker Cyclone. It is an awesome crossbow.
I know a few guys with the Parker Tornado and I am sure you would be happy with it.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Parker Buck Buster 175... All I can say is " I love this bow"
Old 10-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
xbow alwaz been legal durin rifle season, now it is legal means during an archery only season for people with upper limb disabilities only, better read up.
Below is the new change effective this year.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/changes10.phtml

New crossbow rules approved. Crossbows are now allowed for use by all hunters during the archery-only season, except in Grayson County. Grayson retains the old restriction to persons with an upper-limb disability during the archery season. See News Release
Old 10-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kmtpr
Below is the new change effective this year.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/changes10.phtml

New crossbow rules approved. Crossbows are now allowed for use by all hunters during the archery-only season, except in Grayson County. Grayson retains the old restriction to persons with an upper-limb disability during the archery season. See News Release

yes i did see they changed it, the book is incorrect if printed befor october

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.