Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME???? >

which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME????

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME????

Old 10-09-2009, 03:10 AM
Banned

TenPoint, Excal, Parker, BowTech. These manufacturers make terrific crossbows and you can hardly go wrong with a bow from any of them. Definitely stay far, far away from Barnett. They had a tendency to blow up after limited use and the warranty is only 1yr. where the other four offer lifetime warranty. Also make sure you buy from a good dealer who offer good customer service after the sale David at Wyvern is by and far the best there is!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jd24_1
The ten point is a great looking x-bow! I personally own a horton express and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I guess it all comes down to what you prefer and i would encourage you to go to your local sporting goods and handle a few different bows and find one that fits you and your prefences on how it shoulders etc. Get yourself a target some bolts and broadheads and enjoy! That ten-point is SWEET!!!
X2 I love mine a bunch,both of them!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

I can tell you from past experience not to buy the Barnett Predator. I bought one last year as some of the people on here have already heard, and it kept blowing up strings on me. I had a Tenpointe and sold it just before I bought the Barnett and regretted it very much. I went back to a Tenpointe six days before the season started and dropped an eight point buck, which saved my season. I dont know anything about the other bows listed, but I do know about the two I mentioned. Take care and the best of luck to everyone.......Bud-
Old 10-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Spike

......it looks like it may come down to the ..ten point or bowtech,,,,??????????????????????????????????????? ???
Old 10-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Spike

Great choices! The Defender from 10point is a great crossbow and the Stryker as well! You really can't go wrong between the two. I had to chose between the two and i decided that the Defender was the best for me. It's more compact, Lighter, it felt more comfortable than the stryker and there is a 500 price difference.
Now, it also depends on what game your going for? Are you only going for whitetail? If you plan on going bear hunting, then i would choose the stryker, otherwise i wouldn't give up the defender.
Me and my friend shot 5 shots at 50 yards and there was only 2'' spread! I is very accurate! I love my DEFENDER!
Old 10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

my Defender at 40 yards.
Attached Thumbnails which to buy.PLEASE HELP ME????-im000120.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with someone's other post: call David at Wyvern Creations, he will definitely give you all the information you need.

Having said that, I just wen through what you're going through... trying to figure out what crossbow would suit me best. After doing some research and handling a lot of them, I decided on the Parker Tornado, which I am extremely happy with.

Personally, I don't think you can find another crossbow in this price range that's any better. It's balanced well, fast, and extremely accurate. I split one of the vanes after only shooting it a couple times at 20 yards, because the groups were incredibly tight. Parker gets a bad rap for limbs, but this does not apply to the Tornado, and Wyvern will tell you this. The limb problems Parker had was on the (I think) Buckbuster model, and I believe it was corrected, but in any case does not apply to the Tornado.

The only drawback--as with any crossbow--is it's louder than the average compound, but it is fast! Unlike many crossbow manufacturers, Parker does not over estimate the speed of their crossbows, the Tornado will absolutely shoot 330 fps, and it is very compact.

I couldn't be more happy with my decision.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

did you buy it from Wyvern?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by awshucks
Texas now has full inclusion in archery season for xbows for all. I believe there's one county that's not. Yet.

I shoot Excals, but of the bows you listed it would be Strykeforce or 10 pt for me.

xbow alwaz been legal durin rifle season, now it is legal means during an archery only season for people with upper limb disabilities only, better read up.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Spike

...i was forcing my self to see what the styrker was all about...there is not much info out there....there web page as a lil lame........there package comes with a hip quiver....and some red dot scope.....no info on a site scope....???? agree....the dam thing shoots real nasty and fast....cool....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.