Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Hunting

Old 10-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting

Now that the season has started in most states, how is everyone doing? Are you letting deer go for bigger ones or rack hunting and waiting for a wall hanger? Is your preseason scouting paying off or have they changed their pattern already? Buckeyefootball
Old 10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

so far they havechanged very little. However, w/ this cold weather that might change that thought.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

"Are you letting deer go for bigger ones or rack hunting and waiting for a wall hanger?"

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youve never been to New Hampshire...have you?? a "herd" is 2 deer. The most effective method of hunting in my area is to drive around the back roads at night with your lights off....they are almost 100% nocturnal and almost never come out during day light. If you SEE a deer during season you are lucky. Including gun hunters only 1 in 7 hunters take a deer during season....squirels are very plentifull though...

Wyvern
Old 10-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Banned

What about the chance of seeing a "twit"?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Spike

My son got a 7 point Saturday. So I have to hold out for a bigger one! Had a 6 point and a big 3 point below the stand tonight. I don't know what's up with the 3 point. Had him under the stand durning the early doe season too. He is about 12 inches wide. But very tall and thick. His face is really gray. I was thinking he is old and on his way down. Sure is hard not to test out the new excalibur!

Been doing a lot of tree rat hunting with the CB. Kills 15, lost arrows 0! Thank god for Judo points There would be alot more rats if I didn't have to gound shoot them. But I think the arrow loss would go up badly!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

Hmm lets see, I got a new piece of land to hunt next to a friends house. Didn't see crap in the morning, and in the evening my friend come home around 5pm started washing his boat making more noise than if the world imploded for an hour.

I am roughly 150yrds from his property on a small bean field that comes up to his property also. I see deer come out in the field about 40 yards from his house no less. Then he comes out with his .17HMR and opens the bolt to make sure its enpty and the deer darts kinda towards me but not close enough..He sat on his deck looking through the scope for a while and goes inside. I think to myself.. good deal the time is just right. NOPE here he comes back out with a bag of chips and sits back down basically waiting and watching me hunt. I was so pissed off.. I go over there after I climb down and he said "I was trying to be quiet, I looked for you through the scope, I saw the deer go running"

Thats it I am moving my stand, can't take this crap everytime I go to hunt and he is home. Only reason I didn't say anything is he is the main reason I got this spot of land to hunt. He doesn't hunt, and I will just move my stand to another spot I got. Not the greatest for bow, but I can't take it..
Old 10-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default stand

Moving locations at this time after scouting is a shame but some times you have to. Hope your new spot works out better. Buckeyefootball
Old 10-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Banned

The deer up here are still in summer patterns, unlike other places. I see the twits and bozo's are still in their same pattern except for a change of belief . Bucks are showing some sign of agrression but fools and idiots still show an extreme lack of intelligence. The bigger deer are going almost completely nocturnal where as the legend in their own mind are still overwhelmed with stupidity.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckeyefootball
Moving locations at this time after scouting is a shame but some times you have to. Hope your new spot works out better. Buckeyefootball
I know. I was so tempted to just climb down and go home, but I have been waiting all yr for the first day of bow season and stuck with it.

He called me the other night and told me about the land behind the place I am hunting, and he talked to the people who hunts it. Then said he told them where my stands were and blah blah WTF!! I don't know these people, and he has only met them 2 times or so. Don't tell people where I am sitting and so on.

I find my stands messed with or missing its not going to be pretty.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hang on

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
I know. I was so tempted to just climb down and go home, but I have been waiting all yr for the first day of bow season and stuck with it.

He called me the other night and told me about the land behind the place I am hunting, and he talked to the people who hunts it. Then said he told them where my stands were and blah blah WTF!! I don't know these people, and he has only met them 2 times or so. Don't tell people where I am sitting and so on.

I find my stands messed with or missing its not going to be pretty.
The good will prevail. Hang in their and try to enjoy the hunt. Buckeyefootball

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.