Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry that happened. After reading the reviews on Barnett, I chose to get a Parker crossbow.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Spike

excal or ten point are the best crossbows IMO. Nothing shoots as consistant or as accurate. Love my excal and I shot a coyote at 65 yards with it last week while deer hunting, My limit is 45 yards on deer but this sucker was pissing me off coming out into range about 4 times that morning. I squeeked once and let her fly. He dropped 10 yards later
Old 10-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Fork Horn

Ive owned several barnetts swore by them etc, but my last one i had for 8/9 yrs the quad 300 is out now, they dont make them so barnett some how has to piece it together, and dont get me wrong shoots fine. The problem starts when the thing wont hit the broad side, and trying to contact barnett was a no no, no call no email no nothing, SO FINALLY i get a hold of barnett and send it in and we will fixer up AGAIN, so thats it, Soon ill have a quad 300/400 for sale. Any takers?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Surely u jest!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is exactlly why I came to this place before I bought my 1st CB (10 Point Profusion),I came here for advice and thats what these guys gave me witch I am thankfull for.I Now have a Excal Vortex and Iam also shooting a Excal Y25 as my main CB......
Old 10-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sits in trees
Wow this dude seems to have an agenda, what are you the one man crusade against Barnett crossbows?? lifes gotta be boring, huh. what do you do cruise this forum looking for Barnett threads just so you can jump in and start a bashin. what did you work for Barnett and get fired or something??
if you hate the brand so much just don't own one and shoot what you want.

Hey Im glad there are people out there that share there bad expierence with us... I don't own a barnett... But after reading all these post. I definetly would look for another brand!!!

I bought a Parker BB 175 and love it so far... I've killed 3 deer with mine so far... For a Xbow... That thing is quiet!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a jennings xbow blow up on me years ago and I sold my brand new barnett Quad 400 on the advice of some other xbow hunters and I'm glad I did.
It blew up on the guy who bought it.
No injuries thank God so he sent for a new one and promptly sold it.
Never again.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never owned and never even shot a Barnett BUT I did do my research BEFORE I bought a bow not afterwards. I actually took to heart the advise I was getting from many sources. I have nothing against Barnett but I do value the opinion of guys who know more than I or who have had a Barnett fail.

I'm happy to have chosen an Excalibur with whatever drawbacks it might have. It pays well to go with the general consensus when the consensus is that they are junk.

PS.. I bet a lot of deer have been taken with Barnetts..
Old 10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

bummer
should of got an excalibur
Old 10-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

u guys are making me paranoid. my barnett is 4yrs. old and still has the same string and all since i first bought it. i've never had a problem with it yet(even after it fell 20ft from my stand last year.) i shot a doe with it this year and now after a buck. i know the string will need replaced at the end of the season. and maybe some new cams. but after reading this i now wonder if i should just go buy a new xbow!........puzzled?...