Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know this just burns my ass and all i can say is what a let down. I go to sit out tonight and see if i can get me a buck or doe with,my ah um ewwwww, (it ) you know the barnett thing contraption.Well im in by 5ish prune a couple trees, climb up the tree with my climber and sit for an hour and a bit and then here comes the rain and is it pouring so i scramble down pack up and leave. I put a sh&%t bolt in and fire off the as i call it old faithful OMFG CABOOM, i i look down and string in 2 peices and no arrow, so now what my shoulder is screwed compound is off limits and now my crossbow just blew up. Now i dont know about future xbow buyers but beware....................PLZ so i call barnett and nobodys home.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man,dat sucks,did u c anything while u was out there??
Old 10-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

That's pretty much typical of Barnett Crossbows. Doesn't make any difference which model.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:48 AM
Fork Horn

Nope nothing and im glad i would of threw it at a deer after it blew up. Piece of S%$#@T xbow.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry man, that's got to be a big disappointment. I blew up a compound too but that was my fault, not like your experience.
The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to keep the recurves and ditch the compound I still have. My 'lighter' reurve gives me complete passthroughs on deer at 30 yards and hits 50 yard targets with accuracy and authority. And, the best part, it's TOTALLY dependable.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Oh i get pass throughs etc and can shoot 50 yards but this will be my 4th set of limbs and 3rd string. Better yet my life time warrenty is no longer. What next?
Old 10-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear that. Have heard it repeatedly regarding Barnett crossbows. Glad you weren't hurt. Good luck to you.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 99 jeep
Oh i get pass throughs etc and can shoot 50 yards but this will be my 4th set of limbs and 3rd string. Better yet my life time warrenty is no longer. What next?
How did you hang in there this long?! Ditch it ...while you're still in one piece.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

I found this site last year when my new Barnett predator started snapping strings. It is then that I realized what a POS I had. I took it back to the company I bought it from and demanded my money back and went and bought another Ten Pointe. I shot an eight pointer with it last season and just recently killed a six point buck two days ago. I agree with the general consensus. SELL THE POS!!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 99 jeep

Jeep, post your story and locale on the Excal forum. I'd be willing to bet a guy there will have a spare bow to loan you til you get dialed in w/ whatever you decide to do.

I've watched them do it every year for other guys. Excal problems are rare and easy fixes, but they help non Excal guys too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.