Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
How bad are Barnett crossbows? >

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Something lets loose and causing damage. Barnett has come a long way. I have said they are changing the way they do things and it seems they have.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Spike

I really like my Barnett Quad 400, it's the first crossbow I've ever owned but it seems like an excellent crossbow besides the weight. It shoots fast 345 fps, it's decently accurate and it hasn't taken a **** on me yet.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Spike

I have a barnett and have never had any issues with it. I purchased it on line through a guy at http://astore.amazon.com/huntincabin-20. It was a complete package and am looking to up grade now to an Excalibur Axiom SMF he has with scope. bolts, broad heads, and quiver for around $480. I bought my 12 year daughter a Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Crossbow Kit (175-Pounds) 3-dot multi range red dot, quick detach quiver with 4 arrows, padded shoulder sling, adjustable weaver style scope mount, and an ambidextrous auto safety. All that for $164.00 and its been great for her.
Attached Thumbnails How bad are Barnett crossbows?-excal.jpg  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Spike

I purchased my first Barnett Quad 400 three years ago.2 weeks into archery season it exploded in my face while I was cocking it causing lacerations to my hand and forearm.I sent it back to Barnett and did not receive a replacement for approx. 90 days.Needless to say that season's tag went unfilled.The replacement that was sent to me has seen approx. 50 shots and now the safety will not disengage when the bow is cocked.No one answers the phone at Barnett it just transfers me to a voice mail.Im done with this company and their garbage products.Im not even going to try to send this back for repairs only to have them send me another hunk of junk.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Spike

Anyone know where or who repairs crossbows. Have a quad 400 and need a new bolt holder
Old 11-09-2013, 01:41 AM
Spike

Was not going to read nine pages but my take is if you want the newest and fastest bow out you can expect problems with any bow. Get a bow shooting around the 300 FPS and parts are not taking as much abuse. Want a compound crossbow you can expect more problems and a more expensive repair because there are more movable and working parts. Recurves are a much simplier design and less moving parts. I never buy a bow that has not been out on the market at least two years. That way they are tested by hunters like us and put them through the paces. I sold all my compound crossbows and am solo on recurves. I can fix and maintain them myself. All that can really go wrong is break limbs. Buy new ones and bolt them on and good to go. Excalibur been around 30 years with same design so lots of use parts avalible. As a matter a fact I build a complete Excalibur out of parts I bought used one piece at a time and that bow shoots as good as any other crossbow I own. No matter what crossbow you own a spare crossbow is almost mandatory. If something is going to happen it is always at the worse time. Many people pull them out a week before deer season and start shooting them and strings and everything sat for a year aging. Wax dries up and dirt has dried up and can stress parts of the bows. Got to keep any weapon maintained no matter what you shoot. CHEERS!

Last edited by wheelie; 11-09-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Spike

I have had good luck with 2 barnetts and I did send back 1 for a problem.Great cust service ,also had a wr warrior that had to go back and good service again.Buy a crossbow from a manufacturer that has good cust service.Crossbow Nation is a great forum for strictly crossbow info,and the faster the bow the more maintenance and breakage.Kinda like a toyota camry or a maserati.300 fps will kill all the deer you want with less trouble.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Spike

I have a Barnett Ghost 410 - absolutely LOVE this bow - I've got almost 2000 (yes two thousand) shots on it with no issues - ORIGINAL String and Cables. ALL manufacturers have issues, Barnett has come a long long way, they've also been around the longest.

In an earlier post, someone named Bowtech as one manufacturer not having many issues - WOW, what planet are you on? They have one of the worst reputations in the industry for limb failures.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Great crossbows
Old 12-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Spike

I just read this whole post, wow you guys would probly cut my head off and put it on a stick because i own a Jaguar 175# Hey its all i could afford and i didnt know anything about crossbows. it seems to be a well made bow but time will tell. they say snap on are the best tools to buy but if you look around you can buy cheaper well made tools that work just as good.Everybody in my motorcycle club rides Harleys me included , but i will be the first to admit Hondas are better bikes " Just Saying "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.