Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
How bad are Barnett crossbows? >

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Old 10-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Spike

Default Barnett

This thread is making me might sad about my Barnett C2 that I've been happily shooting and hunting with for two years. Maybe one or more of you folks would say exactly what is the problem. Words like "junk" and "blows up" don't mean anything to me, but I'm not very smart. Are the limbs weak or flawed? Are the bolts or other hardware breaking. Maybe the strings or cables are of poor quality? Lot's of opinion out there, and lot's of people selling other brands by brand bashing is nothing new (Ford vs Chevy?). This is a serious question, as I'd like to know what to look for if there is a defect to worry about. So far after a few hundred shots my Barnett is accurate, smooth, easy to ****, and hasn't given me a second of trouble. Thanks in advance for the info
Old 10-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Spike

Default Oops

Have to make a correction. The model of my Barnett crossbow is the C5. I think I said C2.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Revolution AVI very flat shooting and very accurate. It can hit the 10 ring so to speak.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

Barnett's are made with cheapest material possible, Warranty sucks. Risers are cast aluminum alloy and tend to break apart (blowup). Limbs have a tendency to splinter, split and break. Customer service is terrible. Never had any satisfaction when calling about cracked or splintered limbs, risers breaking, wheels cracking. None of which has been shooters fault. I've l'ost count of the number of broken Barnetts that show up for "repair"!!
Supposedly they have improved their quality but I have yet to see or experience it. They have to prove their better quality and customer service to me before I wil say one good thng about them, To date they haven't come close in either catagory, Their failure rate is 20 times greater than other manufacturers. Supposedly they have increased their warrenty to 5 years but................
Personally I would not own even a top of the line Barnett even if it was given to me. I'm sure you will find many, many crossbow user on the forums that feel the same.
The old adage; "You get what you pay for" have never been more true. The company has made thier money by suing other manufacturers.

Some people like them, but then some people liked Edsels when they were new!!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Spike

I own a RC-150 it has done well in the 10 years that I have used it.Its light,quite and accurate.That being said now comes the rest of the story they shoot a 16 inch bolt which Barrnet no longer makes.If you try to contact customer service you`ll never get a reply.I live fairly close to both a Cabela`s and a BassPro and neither one carry`s any accessories for Barrnet.I`m down to my last 2 bolts and can`t find any to replace them,right now I have a limb just starting to show signs splittering.Once it goes,I`ll trash it and never buy another crossbow from them.Best advice?Anything but Barrnet!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Crossbows

Its crazy...But I have a ton of people buying them from my side business. I sell the barnetts for $349 in the Quad 400 standard.

I own an Excalibur Exomax, a Hoyt AM32, and an Osage stick bow. ALL WORLDS of Archery..and kills with all of them. Love them all!

If you want to buy a crossbow from the famous brands see my website and email me for a discount code.

www.americangunnery.com

MW74!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Spike

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Blackhawk690
i am sorry but i don't understand why you guys bash something you don't know what your talking about. Barnett makes good bow or they would not be in business much more than a week. they have a 5 year warranty, i bought two of their crossbows and have shot them a lot with NO breakage, or Issues. course i don't abuse my equipment, and therefore don't have problems. the bows are just as accurate and just as fast if not faster than the 1200.00 tenpoint bows. matter of fact i can buy and have bought two crossbows for less than what one of those bows cost, and the Jackals will probably outshoot the tenpoint banker bow.
oh well.... i sure you are even a scent lock wearers too...
Blackhawk...ur last statement...thats just plain funny thar
Old 12-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Why blame the dealer? They didn't design the bow. People like you are asses.
Originally Posted by coyote170
The only person I would complain to would be the dealer I bought it from,but then my brand doesnt seem to have the
problems that Barnett does,so I feel it was worth a little
more to get the quality I wanted.

Last edited by tim03b; 12-02-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackhawk690
i am sorry but i don't understand why you guys bash something you don't know what your talking about. Barnett makes good bow or they would not be in business much more than a week. they have a 5 year warranty, i bought two of their crossbows and have shot them a lot with NO breakage, or Issues. course i don't abuse my equipment, and therefore don't have problems. the bows are just as accurate and just as fast if not faster than the 1200.00 tenpoint bows. matter of fact i can buy and have bought two crossbows for less than what one of those bows cost, and the Jackals will probably outshoot the tenpoint banker bow.
oh well.... i sure you are even a scent lock wearers too...
Apparently you don't know jack. I bet you know as much about your darn crossbows as far as you could throw them. Those things are JUNK! Believe me. I work at a dealer that sells these pieces of S*** And almost lost my fingers numerous times with the buck commander. The only one of them that i half decently like is the Wild Cat c5. And even that isn't the greatest shooting bow. IMO the ten points are the bomb!

P.s. Half the Jackals i put together were warped and the bolt never fit on the rail right. Just like we said at the shop....You gotta be a jack@$$ to buy a jackal.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tim03b
Why blame the dealer? They didn't design the bow. People like you are asses.
But they dont hesitate to sell the junk knowing there's problems
with the product,but you probably havent had one blow up in your
face either.I have it aint any fun,and am glad my wife wasnt
shooting the piece of junk when it happened.

Last edited by coyote170; 12-02-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.