Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
How bad are Barnett crossbows? >

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Old 12-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Banned

MissourraMule: Sent you a PM
Old 12-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DaGriz
Barnettxbows: I have a couple of questions. Why do Barnett crossbows break, fall apart, self destruct, etc, etc? Why do they have only a 1 year limited warranty? Why do the "new and improved" models continue to break risers and have other problems after supposedly being "re-engineered?
Last question; Why does Barnett continue to make and sell such junk?
griz ya gotta call him at that 800# and he will answer your
questions about their products!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:55 AM
Banned

Why would I waste my time calling them when I have never gotten any satisfaction before?? I'd much rather he answer my questions publicly so everyone can read whatever BS he says. I all ready know what the TRUE answers are, curious to see what kind of propaganda Barnett has to say!

Last edited by DaGriz; 12-02-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Spike

Default buck commander

I bought my first crossbow, a barnett buck commander on friday, 9-17-10, and shot it on tuesday to sight it in. On the 15th shot the orange serving string broke. I know I'm new to this but i would think the string would be more durable. I followed the instructions about waxing the string after every 5 shots and waxed the flight rail, too. I'm going to call Barnett in the morning to see if theres a problem that they can fix otherwise bass pro shop where i bought said that they would exchange it for another crossbow.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Spike

The parker enforcer is a good choice also. They got them here locally. 400.00 with the upgraded multi ret scope an 3 arrows.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now 'all knowed ain't nutten wronged wid dem Barnett CB's, its all the multitude of owners that messed up a perfectly great i say Great CB!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Spike

well i guess Coyote has used Barnett bows ? or is he passing long hear say. i personally own two Barnett crossbows and they shoot very well... many times, they are accurate, and fast, but what do i know i only have two of them. and i don't try to keep up with the jones, i use what works without attempting to break the bank.

Mike
Old 09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Spike

i am sorry but i don't understand why you guys bash something you don't know what your talking about. Barnett makes good bow or they would not be in business much more than a week. they have a 5 year warranty, i bought two of their crossbows and have shot them a lot with NO breakage, or Issues. course i don't abuse my equipment, and therefore don't have problems. the bows are just as accurate and just as fast if not faster than the 1200.00 tenpoint bows. matter of fact i can buy and have bought two crossbows for less than what one of those bows cost, and the Jackals will probably outshoot the tenpoint banker bow.
oh well.... i sure you are even a scent lock wearers too...
Old 09-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friend i am very glad yer happy with yer Barnett CB's. That being said i have been shooting CB's fer 14 yrs & i have saw ppl hurt by parts coming off the limbs. I don't own a CB that will shoot the 315 yer Jackel will
Old 09-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Spike

Smokepole you hit the nail on the head..... ALL of them there man made crossbows can have a come apart most any time, only God knows when. one is no better than the other because they are all Man made.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.