Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Parker cyclone

Old 09-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Parker cyclone

I am going to get a Parker Cyclone, Hurrican, or Tornado.
What are your opinion on each one. I was going for the Cyclone, but I had someone tell me that the adjustable stock makes noise. Does it? Any opinion on the other models? Thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Spike

we cant hunt with xbows here in wv, but my wifes grandfather has a permit for one due to shoulder injuries and he has the cyclone which he let me shoot it a while back and the thing was wicked accurate considering ive never shot a xbow before this one and could touch three arrows everytime at 30 yards if i were to buy one the cyclone would be at the top of my list for sure.....Also i never noticed any noise while i was messing around with the stock.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Spike

me and my brother both have cyclones and love them,2 other guys we hunt with have tornados and they love them as well it really comes down to which one you like.shoot both and decide i think the cyclone has a little better trigger,and i like the benefit of an adj stock.as far as the stock any collapsable stock will make a little noise.to solve just put a small peice of velcro on top of the round portion of the stock and no more noise.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:19 AM
Spike

Default Cyclone

As long as you don't get a black cyclone, you should be okay. The first batch of blacks had longevity issues. The adjustable stock can be easily quieted, although neither of the ones I owned lasted long enough for me to need to deal with the stock.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Typical Buck

I like the cyclone alot! A friend of mine from pa recommended it! Im glad he did!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

I went to a store and held the Cyclone and Tornado.
Both nice. The Tornado is compact, but felt short in the stock for me. I liked the adjustable stock on the Cyclone better.
I picked up the Cyclone.

Last edited by 2robinhood; 09-21-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own the Cyclone as well. I love that bow. The adjustable stock is in no way noisy for me, I love it because I have such long arms without it the bow would not work for me. But I hear the tornado is a great bow as well. As said before, you should shoot both and see which one you like the most.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default Held both

I have held both and the Tornado seems to be very compact for tree stands and has the better feel to me. But thats a personal choice Im sure. Buckeyefootball
Old 09-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Banned

STAY AWAY from Barnett Nothing but porrly made crossbows. You're asking for problems if you buy a Barnett, No warranty, losy coustomer servive, poor reliability. All round cheapply made undepenable crossbow.

Look at Parker, TenPoint, Excal, Bowtech.

Most all all do not listen to Buckeye Bozo!!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Spike

I have aTornado. I absolutely love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.