Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
new Barnett Penetrator >

new Barnett Penetrator

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

new Barnett Penetrator

Old 09-10-2009, 03:40 AM
Banned

I fail to understand why people take the risk of buying a Barnett. They have such a lousy reputation for reliability and dependabilty not to mention warranty and customer service. You get what you pay for has never been more true. Maybe one in 1000 Barnett crossbows will work fairly well, BUT seems like only for a short time. The very few people who haven't had problems with them should buy lottery tickets as they have extreme good luck, but it most certainly will be short term.
People like Buckeye Bozo who has owned one for three months and hardly shoots it spews garabage about how Barnett has changed, yet the forums are full of people who had them blow up, break, fall apart, and these are the "new, changed " Barnett crossbows. WTF??
Choosing a crossbow on price alone never worked and never will!!
Old 09-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Spike

I have just purchased the predator and love it. Shoots fast and extremely accurate. Uses 22 inch bolts which I cannot seem to find in local sporting good stores. Whish I could use 20. For the price it is an excellent bow.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Banned

Buy cheap and you get cheap!!
I would bet good money you will regret the day you bought a Barnett. Read about all the horrible experiences people have had with Barnetts. There is at least 100 bad experiences to one good one.
BUT... if you shoot less than a dozen arrows a year, it might stay together!
Old 09-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckeyefootball
Barnett seems to be on the right track and have made good improvments over the past 2 years. If someone hasnt tried the new Barnett they should give them a second look for the price point. Buckeyefootball
You know, I wish you, Barnett, and all the folks that bought them well. That being said, everytime I read your "new and improved" diatribes, I want to make this post, so here it is. If you go to Sportsmans Guide and look at the current crop of Quad 400's which is the model myself and others had come unglued in our face, you will note it's the same as it's always been. No rubber covered limbs, ect.

Bnett was in receivership or bankruptcy or whatever it was a couple years ago, I'm sure they ran out of 'old stock' by now.

Did you see the three piece Revolution cast riser on any of the forums? Keep a sharp eye on yours, it's for lack of a better word, "problematic".

Last edited by awshucks; 09-18-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

DaGriz and awshucks have been around for a long time
no slam intended,Dan cautioned me on my Barnetts and
am glad I listened.With all the recent posts on the NEW
Barnetts that are blowing listen to these people folks
its not worth the chance of getting hurt for the cheaper
way out!Quality talks BS walks,its the simple truth as
DaGiiz said you get what you pay for,look at Horton,Parker
and others dont have happen to you what happened to
me,take care in what you choose!Sorry, will never forget
when my Barnett blew,wasnt fun.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Spike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fail to understand why people take the risk of buying a Barnett. They have such a lousy reputation for reliability and dependabilty not to mention warranty and customer service. You get what you pay for has never been more true.

I will tell you why. Lack of research! Plain and simple. I didn't join the XB forms until after I bought a new toy. I had the Tenpoint for years and never really gave it a thought of being good, bad or indifferent. It was a crossbow like all the rest. So I thought. Hung on the rack for years without being shot. Then Mi passes a bow season with use of a CB. I have had both rotator-cuffs operated on. So I jumped on the bandwagon to shoot a CB in bow season. Thinking this would be great. Who wants to **** away opening day of gun season with a bow? Most people only get to use that nice gun two weeks out of the year anyways. So I picked the one that I liked the looks and description of. Being a name that I have heard of for many years, I chose it without much fore-thought. And there you have it, lack of research. But. Why did I buy a second one after reading about how bad they were? I am in to quads and snowmobiles. I am very brand bound when it comes to my motorized toys. I know the red riders like red and the green riders like green. Neither one would ever consider sitting on a different color machine. Let alone buy one. You don't always get the best unbiased info. So you second guess yourself or the person(s) giving you the info. Maybe it was a fluke that 1 broke. But 2? Time to wake up. Maybe not for every one. But at least for me!

As for why I don't use my Tenpoint? Like I said, it was just a XB back then. I liked my compound better and could use it durning bow season. Then my buddy broke his back and I let him use it kinda permenent like.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:46 AM
Banned

Quad82, You certainly are correct, people don't do the research is the main reason. They also want to get buy cheap and they believe the bullshiete that people like Buckeyefootball posts. The "price point" bullshiete, the "need for speed' bullshiete and all the other hype about how Barnett has changed, things are better, etc that is posted ! Bozo doesn't have a clue what the real world is. I feel sorry for the people who listen to his crap and wind up buying a Barnett. I would bet money that they will soon regret that decision!!

Now the Bozo is changing his story. He was all gaw gaw about Barnett being the best now the twit is talking about Strykeforce being his first choice. This Bozo is a real piece of work!

Last edited by DaGriz; 09-19-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default understand

Originally Posted by Quad82
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fail to understand why people take the risk of buying a Barnett. They have such a lousy reputation for reliability and dependabilty not to mention warranty and customer service. You get what you pay for has never been more true.

I will tell you why. Lack of research! Plain and simple. I didn't join the XB forms until after I bought a new toy. I had the Tenpoint for years and never really gave it a thought of being good, bad or indifferent. It was a crossbow like all the rest. So I thought. Hung on the rack for years without being shot. Then Mi passes a bow season with use of a CB. I have had both rotator-cuffs operated on. So I jumped on the bandwagon to shoot a CB in bow season. Thinking this would be great. Who wants to **** away opening day of gun season with a bow? Most people only get to use that nice gun two weeks out of the year anyways. So I picked the one that I liked the looks and description of. Being a name that I have heard of for many years, I chose it without much fore-thought. And there you have it, lack of research. But. Why did I buy a second one after reading about how bad they were? I am in to quads and snowmobiles. I am very brand bound when it comes to my motorized toys. I know the red riders like red and the green riders like green. Neither one would ever consider sitting on a different color machine. Let alone buy one. You don't always get the best unbiased info. So you second guess yourself or the person(s) giving you the info. Maybe it was a fluke that 1 broke. But 2? Time to wake up. Maybe not for every one. But at least for me!

As for why I don't use my Tenpoint? Like I said, it was just a XB back then. I liked my compound better and could use it durning bow season. Then my buddy broke his back and I let him use it kinda permenent like.
I understand what you are saying and would probably do the same thing. I have said many times after seeing that i like crossbows I would change my price point whenever and my first choice would be a Strykeforce, t seems to be in my research the beast flat shooting hunting crossbow made, just my opinion. I think many people buy Barnett and have a great experience with them, if not the company will not be around. Other bows are having issues but it seems that they dont make it to most posts. From what is posted Bowtech, Tenpoint and Excals are the 3 that I dont hear having any problems no matter which model. Buckeyefootball
Old 09-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Spike

What I can't understand is with all the ISSUES that Barnett bows have, HOW can they be the #1 selling brand in the US by a large margin???

Personally I will stick to my Horton Vision.

I agree with the belief that "you get what you pay for".
Old 09-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by StoredEnergy
What I can't understand is with all the ISSUES that Barnett bows have, HOW can they be the #1 selling brand in the US by a large margin???

Personally I will stick to my Horton Vision.

I agree with the belief that "you get what you pay for".
Ya. But even a cheeply made item should still function without basic failure. The higher price tag should show better quality workmanship, options and styling. Not the basic safty features that all items should have to pass without failure. I don't need a Cadillac and I sure don't want to pay the price for one. But I do expect my Blue-Collar car to preform as it was desinged to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.