Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Sighting in my Barnett scope >

Sighting in my Barnett scope

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Sighting in my Barnett scope

Old 09-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Spike

Default Sighting in my Barnett scope

Hi all, I'm new to Crossbowing and bought my 1st bow Sunday. I have the Barnett Quad 400 and love it. Right now I'm trying to site in the scope and have a question. I have the Barnett 4x32 Multi Reticle scope and as per the instruction it tells me to set the top reticle line at 10 yards. So after about 10 shots I was putting them in the 3" circle.
So I back up 10 more yards to 20 yards and I shot 3 arrows using the 2nd reticle line from the top and all were high and to left about 4 to 6 inches. So today I went back to 10 yards shot 5 arrows and made some minor adjustments and had them in the circle. So back to 20 yards and they are high and to the left again. I'm using my friends rifle vice to keep steady. Am I doing something wrong? My strings are lined up with the track, I'm taking my time squeezing the trigger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Im having the same problem and ive had mine for 5 yrs and this yr i cant hit nothing past 10 yards. So im going to buy a new scope and see if that helps. I put on my sight pins and sight scope and i shot bulls eye out to 30 with not a problem i wrote barnett and not a response.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Are you using a ****ing rope to **** the crossbow or are you doing it by hand? Using a ****ing rope ensures that the string is centered everytime.

Bob
Old 09-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunter
Are you using a ****ing rope to **** the crossbow or are you doing it by hand? Using a ****ing rope ensures that the string is centered everytime.

Bob
Yes a rope device to **** the crossbow will make sure the pull on the string is even. Buckeyefootball
Old 09-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Spike

Yeah, I'm using a ****ing rope and my lines on my string are right on the spot. Tried again today and still high and to the left. Are the 3 DOT 30MM RED DOT CROSSBOW Scopes eazier to site in? Most of my hunting will be in the 25 to 35 yard range.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Beside using the ****ing rope, are you using broad heads?
Field point tipped arrows will fly one way, broad head tipped arrows will fly the way they feel like it.
Back to the rope ****er. They really do make the shots...AND shot to shot more accurate.

One thing also, about Barnetts. When you slide the back of the arrow back against the string...make SURE that the moon nock is actually against the string.
The string holder (don't know the real name..!) is larger around it's locating pin than it should be and the back of the arrow will sit up a little off the track on this piece. When sliding the arrow back...it will hit "two" hard spots...the string holder (?)...THEN...the string.
Make sure you push hard, the same way every time.

Mike
Old 09-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

What the hell is wrong with using the term..."****ing rope"...that thing that helps people "arm" a freaken crossbow.

IT'S not a bad term....!

Mike
Old 09-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Perhaps it's the ****ing arrows you're using.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mike Van Veghten
Beside using the ****ing rope, are you using broad heads?
Field point tipped arrows will fly one way, broad head tipped arrows will fly the way they feel like it.
Back to the rope ****er. They really do make the shots...AND shot to shot more accurate.

One thing also, about Barnetts. When you slide the back of the arrow back against the string...make SURE that the moon nock is actually against the string.
The string holder (don't know the real name..!) is larger around it's locating pin than it should be and the back of the arrow will sit up a little off the track on this piece. When sliding the arrow back...it will hit "two" hard spots...the string holder (?)...THEN...the string.
Make sure you push hard, the same way every time.

Mike
I'm just using the field tips. I could understand it being off up and down. But it should still be pretty close to centered. it's off center like 4" from 10 yards to 20 yards.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:18 AM
Typical Buck

if you are off alittle side to side at 10 ,you will be off more at 20. sight in at 20 and then shoot at 10 just to see how far you are off. i have the same setup and mine shoot great out to 50yds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.