Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow ?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:07 AM
Spike

Default crossbow ?

New to the forum have a couple of questions buying a crossbow narroed it down to the parker line its a choice between the parker tornado , cylone or hurricaine having a hard time on which to buy.

I like how the tornado feels being small and easy to move in a stand but its slower then the other two is one better then the other or just pick whats most comfortable ..thanks for the help
Old 08-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Banned

All three are good crossbows and Parker is a great company. Speed is okay but shouldn't be the deciding factor. Choose the one that feels the best, fits you well and you shoot it well.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tornado

Holding all those bows, the Tornado has a great feel no matter what the cost and at 330 FPS or so has good performance. Buckeyefootball
Old 08-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the Cyclone (as well as two Excals) and get great performance from it. It is a tad front heavy though. The adjustable stock wasn't worth the extra $50 IMO, since I have it taped in the middle position because of the noise it made. Hurricane is same bow w/o the adjustable stock.
Tornado seems better balanced but about 25 ft slower..no big thing, more than enough speed for ANY game on this continent.
Pick the bow that fits you best and by all means shoot it before buying...good trigger means everything to accuracy.
Parker has been great to deal with. Had their 150 lb Terminator too; wishing I hadn't sold that bow. But, the relatively small fore stock, and my carelessness, resulted in two very painful string slaps.
Have dealt with Parker twice on warranty issues, great company to deal with, stand behind their product.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

twinsticks. My kids wanted to hunt this years so I give them my XBow Horton Summit 150. and upgraded to the Tornado I will tell you this If this is your first Xbow you would notice the slower speed. For me I can said it is much faster them my Horton. I had some arrows/ broadheads I could not shoot with the Horton (FOC problem) and found they are great with the Tornado even the slick tricks I was trying to tame. Evey time I shoot this Xbow shoot it puts a smile on my face. I can get a 40 yard shoot in my yard and it is hitting a 3 inch dot free handed. Hope this helped some.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Spike

You might want to look at your states reg on crossbows. Some states do have minimum and or max draw weights be sure that you get one inside the parameters.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Spike

Thanks for the help guys I think I will go with the parker tornado only using it for deer hunting in a stand in jersey.. Was concerned about the slower speed 330 verses the 350 of the others .But from what I am being told it will be okay.

Last edited by twinsticks; 08-30-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

I doubt you will be disappointed with the Tornado, it's pretty sweet. Like yourself, I did my research and was considering the Cyclone as well, but after talking to many dealers, most of them said the Tornado was Parkers best crossbow and much more balanced than the Cyclone.

Good luck!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Spike

What about broadheads fixed or mechanicals I use sst wasps mechanicals on my high country compound bow and never had any problems .. and how about bolts and optics I like a scope with crosshairs now I have seen some with lighted ones like the hawk sr but if it is lighted wont that blind you in low light conditions.....
Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

twinsticks, I see you are from NJ. Check your PMs. Good luck to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.