Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Throat Shoot

Old 08-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Throat Shoot

I saw a video somewhere might have been on you tube not sure, nut they where hunting with a xbow and harvest a deer with a throat. How many of you guys where try a throat shoot? Not sure on the Yards but from what i saw it might have been under 30.
I will look around and see if I can find it again.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

You gotta be kidding me! Unethical and inhumane. Broadside or not at all.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cossack
Absolutely 100% agreed. I'll take some raking shots as well but that is dispicable! Deer are not here for out entertainment. They are to be harvested with compassion. Anything less is destructive to our sport. There seems to be a new winner every day! (Darwin award)
Old 08-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go on you tube and you'll really see what kind of idiots we got representing bow hunters...

A serious bunch of F Sticks
Old 08-26-2009, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've taken neck shots with a muzzleloader cleanly, but would never try it with a crossbow. With a rifle- you can accurately place the bullet where you want to, and there is no "flight time" problem you have with arrows. Also, the shock of the bullet hitting the spine or near the spine usually paralyzes the deer and drops them on the spot. With an arrow, you have none of that- it's way too risky. I had a friend that took a buck with a crossbow neck shot- but it was not intentional- either his aim was off or the arrow hit a twig, but it hit the buck right in the spine and dropped him. Not something you want to intentionally try, though.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Found it. hope the link works -.http://www.huntingfootage.com/ecard....922-1251301729. There are 80 some comments on this video and all I read where good comments. Go Figer
Old 08-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

only broadside shots here...
Old 08-29-2009, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't do it. I while ago I was banned from a different forum for arguing with a guy who head shoots deer with a crossbow. He also claimed to take 90 shots.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

i must be a neanderthal/caveman. i took the only shot offered couple yrs ago. 4 pt coming to me head on so i shot him threw the top of throat patch. busted out back of neck thru spine 32 yds. went down like it was poleaxed. its not a shot i recommend to anyone, but i am confident in my ability to shoot a CB out to 40 yds and hit a hard ball sized target
Old 08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default totally agree

Originally Posted by Cossack
That doesnt sound very humane to me, yes broadside only. Buckeyefootball

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.