Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Scorpyd RDT 125

Old 09-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sagittarius
You can go with a heavier arrow that would drop the fps but, I guess, that wouldn't matter if Michigan goes by Manufacturer's specs.
It took sometime for them to respond, but I checked with the DNR here in Michigan, and there response was, "Conservation officers will use the manufacturer's specs in enforcing the 350 feet/sec regulation," which would make the Scorpyd RDT 125 crossbow illegal to hunt with in Michigan.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

That's BS but not surprising.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Spike

The idea of a speed limit is stupid. Is there a speed limit for vertical bows?

I wonder which manufacturer promoted that particular speed to the DNR's?

My guess is that it was a xbow company that has bows that shoot close to 350 fps but doesn't have any bows that shoot 350 fps or more.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Any issues with shooting the RDT 125 LEFT handed? I shoot all my guns left handed as I am left-eye dominant even though I am right handed. I currently shoot a Mathews Switchback from the right but it is not the best setup. I hunt mostly in PA and they have a 125 lb minimum draw limit with no limits on arrow speed. They do have min and max limits on broadheads and do allow the use of a scope on a crossbow. Although this is the first year that they have allowed widespread use of crossbows they seem to have come up with some pretty common sense rules. Too bad I can't say the same for their deer management program but that's another subject...

Last edited by blksn8k; 12-12-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Blksn8k,

No problems at all for a southpaw; the bow's stock and safety works for either hand, it's a totally ambidextrous bow.
Makes it a snap to practice from the left side or vice versa !
Old 12-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great report Don
I want one
Old 12-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Appears to be a most interesting CB of the compound style. I am impressed with the speed of it at only 125 LBs. I have heard several comments about how wide it is. Looks like its over ft. narrower than my Excals! Do other rope c0ckers work with it or just the companys ?
Old 12-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was looking at the Defender & the Twinbow six pack. This one clearly seems to be a better buy over all. Its cheaper than either of the others if don't get pkg. All i would need is a rope c0cker if the Excals wouldn't work. Lifetime Warranty its real fast. I am thinking its time to save up some samolians !
Old 12-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by smokepolehall
Appears to be a most interesting CB of the compound style. I am impressed with the speed of it at only 125 LBs. I have heard several comments about how wide it is. Looks like its over ft. narrower than my Excals! Do other rope c0ckers work with it or just the companys ?
The Excalibur rope c0cker works well on the Scorpyd Mike.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Rules, stupid rules!

Originally Posted by Michbowhunter
It took sometime for them to respond, but I checked with the DNR here in Michigan, and there response was, "Conservation officers will use the manufacturer's specs in enforcing the 350 feet/sec regulation," which would make the Scorpyd RDT 125 crossbow illegal to hunt with in Michigan.

AND, in PA, you have to have a 125# draw wt. SO the RDT 100, shooting a mere 330 fps, would not be legal, but the 125 would. Go figure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.