Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Parker BB 175 limb splintered >

Parker BB 175 limb splintered

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Parker BB 175 limb splintered

Old 09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

i've been looking at the parker tornado, i friend just bought one a few weeks ago. it shoots great. the parker factory is just a few miles from me ,thats one reason i'd like buy a parker. i think they have great service and i know a few guys that work for them,they talk like they don't have to many that fail.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by srwshooter
i've been looking at the parker tornado, i friend just bought one a few weeks ago. it shoots great. the parker factory is just a few miles from me ,thats one reason i'd like buy a parker. i think they have great service and i know a few guys that work for them,they talk like they don't have to many that fail.

I bought the Tornado for my daughter a month or so ago, and in my opinion--for the money--you won't find a better crossbow. This is a very compact, well-balanced, great shooting crossbow. I think it's fairly common for manufacturers to state there bows will shoot a certain speed, then you shoot them and find out its not as fast as they claim--this is not true with Parker crossbows. The Tornado will shoot every bit of 330 fps as Parker claims! It's super fast, but like most crossbows, a little loud.

To be honest, the only thing I could possibly complain about is the very first time I shot it, I tore a fletching off one of the Red Hot bolts that I'm using, because the groups were so tight!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Spike

I bought a parker bb 2 years ago, had a limb failure about the 4th time i used it. It sat all year till hunting season, and the first day out another limb delamination. Parker sent a complete new front asembly to my dealer and he installed it. Yesterday ANOTHER limb failure. My brother bought one at the same time and had a limb failure almost imediately. he took it back and got a ten point, which has not had any problems. Parker has been good about repairs, but im just fed up with it. I have used only red hot arrows and accessories, so parker lovers, leave it to the company to tell me i must have pried my truck out of the mud with it, or otherwise abused it.
I guess the thing that really irritates me is parker wont own up to the fact that they have a problem, and they have done nothing to correct it.
Will take it in to my dealer today, but i dont really want it back.
Jan 6, 2012, got a brand new hornet from parker to replace the buckbuster. nice look and feel to it, actually really like the unit, but still have mixed feelings as to whether it will be reliable. i hope so. would much rather have a good bow than to bash the company.

Last edited by david mi; 01-07-2012 at 02:56 AM. Reason: updating post
Old 07-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Spike

Default Exploding Parkers

Originally Posted by StoredEnergy
Dryridge2,

You must understand that it is not acceptable around here so say that ANYTHING is wrong with parker design or manufacture.

There are other companies that you are allowed to rag on incessantly but NOT parker.

Limb issues happen with all bows but misfitting parts, bad camo, splotchy anodizing and patent infringement is only acceptable by certain somebodies.
I too posted the whole truth on here about issues with a Parker and was blamed for the problem all work was done by pro's always took care of it ,always checked everything out berfore hunting and still had two Parkers blow up a Terminator, and the replacement for it which was a Buck Buster. Parker does have great customer service.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Spike

Stored energy, you have stated the obvious. Cabelas will not post a negative review about parker. I do not think highly of parker. I own one that i have never shot. It was defective out of the box. When parker returns it to me, i will return it to cabelas. I have no love for parker or cabelas. To those of you that do, best of luck>
Old 07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not adding much ... but my very first cross bow was a Ten Point brand that was their top of the line at the time. It shot drop dead perfect and I had had great success in the field using it. Then one day while cocking the X-Bow, when I released pressure, the bow fired, slinging the cock yoke off into the air and battering the edge of my left thumb nail on its way "gone". The safety stop mechanism broke. Does that mean that Tem Point is a bad maker? Not in my book.

These are complex machines that are capable of storing enourmouse amounts of kinetic energy when fully cocked. Sooner or later there will likely be a breakdown.

There may sometimes be an issue with a run of limbs or risers or wheels .... hopefully rarely and hopefully the manufacturer's resonse will be as excellent as Ten Poibnt's was.