Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Need advice

Old 04-18-2009, 11:19 AM

Default Need advice

I just ordered my cant arrive soon enough Excalibur Equinox (light stuff) package from Cabelas. I would like someexpert oppinions on what scopes, bolts, arrowpoints and other things I should get to go with it. I read the 10 rules and intend to keep all my fingers. Lord knows the hole in my right foot from my rifle hunting accident was bad enough. JK. LOL
Old 04-18-2009, 11:31 AM

Default RE: Need advice

Also does anyone know if Wyvern Creations has a website? They seem to be busy every time I try to call. They are on the wrong side of the country also. I am in Eugene, Oregon.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

wyverncreations.com Dont worry about the distance Im in MO.
and I dont shop anywhere else,much to his disappointment!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:47 AM

Cossack

titleAndStar(586,0,false,false,"","")
Shooter Buck

[align=center][/align]
Please tell us a bit more about your needs so we can be more helpful. What/how do you intend to hunt? Do you want to shoot a lot in addition to hunting? Any physical limitations that affect bow use? Will you be needing considerable support to maintain your bow, or want to do it yourself? What are your financial limits? Will you want to use a scope? Red Dot? [align=right]
[/align]

Saw this reply on another post and since it fit.... I will use it most for deer, elk, bear hunting, stand and stalk. Just enough shooting practice to get/stay good with it. Thinking maybe I should get something lighter to practice with? No physical limitations. Does oddball sense of humor matter? I like to do things myself if I can but realize I will need to learn how to do whatever needs to be done first. No financial limits exactly, if I see something I want I may have to save up to get it but I always get it.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the website Coyote, I sent off an e-mail and added it to favorites. Now what do I do till my Equinox gets heredang it?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dream,dream,dream!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dusty1

Thanks for the website Coyote, I sent off an e-mail and added it to favorites. Now what do I do till my Equinox gets heredang it?
Go to the Excal forum and read read read.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/index.php

Congratulations on your new xbow.

Bob
Old 04-18-2009, 06:00 PM

I thought it over and I am going to return my Equinox to Cabelas so that I can buy from Wyvern Creations since everyone seems to like Dave so much. Problem now is I saw the advertisement for the Bowtech StrykeForce and cant decide whether to get the Equinox or the Strykeforce.LOL
Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 AM
Banned

Two entirely different bows!

The StrykeForce is an outstanding compound crossbow that is wickly fast, deadly accurate,very narrow and fairly quiet.

The Equinox is an excellent recurve crossbow that is moderately quick, accurate, quite wideand not so quiet.

I personally would chose the SF over The Equinox, but I like compound CB's far better than recurve CB's.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

They are dramaticaly diferant bows...each has its strenghts and weaknesses. Which is right for you gets kinda involved, but either will be a great choice. Myself I prefer the 200lb models of the Excals as they are IMO smoother and easier on strings and such though...
Wyvern

Quick Reply: Need advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.