Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

new scope

Old 03-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default new scope

I want /need a new scope on my Ten Point QX4. I have the Ten Point crosshair scope now (old model). I know there have been plenty ofdiscussions about scopes on this forum but I forgot what everyone says is the most dependable and easy on old eyes like mine. I'm remember something about Luma Zone or something about crosshairs that light up with varied brightest or something like that. Can some of you please tell me what is available or PMme with some info. I think even Ten Point has a scopealong these linesbut I lost Randy's addy so I can't ask him unless he sees this post. Thanks guys and please forgive my innorance.
BBO
Old 03-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new scope

You might try Wyvern Creations 603-659-0575 that new Hawke is sounding
very promiseing and resonable on the money!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a MAP (unlighted version) from Dave Wyvern. One heck of a bargain for a scope of this quality. It's 3 power, etched reticule that also works for ranging. Best of all, not only costs little but is sized to match...It's a bit over half the size of my LumiZones. A lighted version is also available.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

My thanks to both of you for that info. I will be calling Dave shortly on both scopes to get his help. Thanks again
BBO
Old 03-25-2009, 07:12 PM

I've tested them all and the Hawke MAP and SR are a step above the others IMO.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Moonkryket

I've tested them all and the Hawke MAP and SR are a step above the others IMO.

Thanks Moonkryket for thepics. I see the Hawke and Ten Point scope I think it is but don't know what the other two are. What are they?
I just have bought the Hawke SR Camo Scope but don't have it mounted yet.
BBO
Old 03-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

I just have bought the Hawke SR Camo Scope but don't have it mounted yet.
BBO
[/quote]

Buddy congrats on the new scope let us know how you like it.

Martin
Old 03-26-2009, 01:52 PM

Truglo and Excal Lumizone.

BTW, I have a thread on Archery Talk that covers my tests comparing the Hawke crossbow scopes with other popular scopes. It's titled "OK, I guess we can discuss this product........." It's had over 5,000 hits to date.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Well the new Hawke IRSR Camo scope I bought from Wyvern Crossbows shoots like it's part of my eyes. I love the color circles and crosshairs and the yardage is pretty close on all yardages. It zeroed in quite quickly, especially the windage. It took several clicks down however to get the hit down to the bullseye. The camo hides itself really well on the xbow and the eye relief is super good. It isn't hard at all to get a full picture looking through it like some scopes are. Sooo, in review, the price was right, the camo is great, the eye relief is super, and those pretty little circles are what I'm gonna light up some deer with this season. My favorite saying is gonna be: "He came in and stopped broadside at 20 yards and "I lit him UP!!!" LOL
BBO
Old 04-17-2009, 05:26 PM

Glad you found a good scope for your bow.
Could you tell me what the price was you paid?
Thanks

Quick Reply: new scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.