Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Scorpid RDT

Old 03-27-2009, 10:04 AM

Default RE: Scorpid RDT

P.S. yes it is made in AMERICA, right here in Iowa!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:31 PM

Default RE: Scorpid RDT

As to the Horton "relationship", it seems that everywhere you look in this industry, including vertical bows and equipment, there are companies stepping on others' toes. Too bad but that's business in the good ole USA. I was looking at a gentleman's portable bow press in one of the archery trade shows last year. While he was explaining how it worked, I mentioned a certain crossbow brand that I use a lot and he actually took his bow press out of my hands and mumbled something about that bow company infringing on one of his patents and had nothing else to say to me!!

As to the Scorpid, I remember the trigger was really nice andthe bowseemed very wide. I think what makes it look so wide is the riser protrudes away from the barrel so far. Anyway, I wish your company success.

Your speed ratings are with what weight arrows?
Old 11-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Spike

I bought one a few weeks ago and love it. My boss also bought one after seeing mine and has already harvested a few deer with it. It is quiet, has a great trigger pull and shoots great. I wish Mr. Kempf the greatest success. At first I thought the collapsable stock was a gimmick, but it was great in my ladder stand trying to aim around the back of the tree.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cwcjr119
I bought one a few weeks ago and love it. My boss also bought one after seeing mine and has already harvested a few deer with it. It is quiet, has a great trigger pull and shoots great. I wish Mr. Kempf the greatest success. At first I thought the collapsable stock was a gimmick, but it was great in my ladder stand trying to aim around the back of the tree.
Welcome to the club!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, welcome to the Scorpyd club, cwcjr119 !
Old 11-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jimkempf
Hello out there in cyberspace. This is Jim Kempf from SCORPYD. Just wanted to set the record straight for those with inquiring minds that want to know. I started the development on the RDT style bows in late 2003, filed my firstPatent application in the fall of 2004, and was awarded the REVERSE DRAW CROSSBOW Patent in Feb 2008. The Patent for FRONT OF STRING TECHNOLOGY was awarded in April 2008. I originally licensed the product to Escalade Sports in 2005, cancelled this agreement in 2006, negotiated with Horton in 2006 thru early 2007, and subsequently decided to bring the bow out myself. Anyone else out there currently using this technology does not have a license to do so. Dan from Horizontal Archer can verify this is me, I justed placed my ad for the next issue.

I don't get on these sights very often, been VERY busy. We should have our online store and dealer locator up next week, at www.scorpyd.com. Get your order in early, its going to be a busy year for ALL manufacturers!

Nice to meet you on the internet Jim.
I like the bow ALOT and will be saving my pennies to get one.
Thank's for coming on here with that explanation.
Good luck to you sir,I hope it takes off like wildfire.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default question

How can Horton make a bow that has this design feature and sell it in the US? Buckeyefootball
Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Because the Horton uses a design leased from a Russian company....it is not a "US" design. Besides...you want to give credit to the guy who thought of it??? Thank Leonardo DaVinci...

Wyvern
Old 11-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default manufacturer

Originally Posted by Wyvern Crossbow
Because the Horton uses a design leased from a Russian company....it is not a "US" design. Besides...you want to give credit to the guy who thought of it??? Thank Leonardo DaVinci...

Wyvern
I think then you meant Armcross Leopro, thats mentioned on Crossbow Review. Leonardo, not a surprise. Buckeyefootball
Old 11-12-2009, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use a crossbow but I did get to shoot one of these at my buddy's shop.It seemed a little heavy but balanced nice.The trigger was nice and it was pretty quiet for a crossbow.We shot it through a chrony several times and it shot 350 fps on the dot and very consistantly from shot to shot.I have no interest in buying a crossbow but if I did,this would be on the top of my list.