Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur stringer >

Excalibur stringer

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur stringer

Old 02-21-2009, 01:53 PM

Default Excalibur stringer

Do the excalibur stringers work good?ive heard of people having problems with them(breaking)Anyone use them or had any bad experiences with them?I usualy take mine to a shop to get it changed but its about 35 miles away.(just to change a string!!!)
Old 02-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Excalibur stringer

They work perfectly. If you don't have one I wouldn't hesitate to get one. I keep one in my vehicle with a spare (broken in) string when I am hunting in the event that I have a problem with the string on the bow.

I did have a stringer break when I was using it. Pretty exciting stuff. It was made with the blue plastic ends. I called up Danny Miller the U.S. Excal rep and had a replacement in nothing flat. The new ones are black and I have not heard of any problems with them.

Bob
Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Spike

I think the stringer can be used worng and that thing can get break.

Correct way how to use it. ("Stringer ropes on the both ends should faced internal side");

In this way the stringer can get break(I think);

These are just my thoughts. I am not sure if this is true

milan.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:45 AM
Spike

Milan is correct

Anyway I assume you are referring to rope breaking, if it happens (for whatever reason) it is not that expensive to replace!

I have two of them with one working on the Equinox, never replaced the rope ....

Mirko
Old 02-22-2009, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

looks like something you could make yourself.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sits in trees

Have at it, the hole for limb is exactly one inch. I've often thought about those pinkish cutting boards and a table saw.

I have two of the blue ones and have had no problems. I use a rope cocker in conjunction w/ mine, a habit I picked up w/ Emax, lol.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

You can make it your self. You need cord rated at over 500 lbs and some UHMW (ultra-high molecular weight). UHMW is available as scrap but is really useful around the shop.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&p=43210&cat=3,43576,43581&am p;ap=1

Old 02-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dnk

You can make it your self. You need cord rated at over 500 lbs and some UHMW (ultra-high molecular weight). UHMW is available as scrap but is really useful around the shop.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&p=43210&cat=3,43576,43581&am p;ap=1

very nice.......i like it....
Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

BTW, I made it bigger and left it square so there would be enough room for four holes. With 3 holes I found that the string would slip, with four they do not.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

ok laddy's answer me this, why couldn't a stringer be made from some appropriate cord with some simple 2inch or so loops tied (melted)into the ends big enough to pass bow string thru easily. are the blocky thingies really needed???

Quick Reply: Excalibur stringer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.