Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton

Old 03-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Horton

ORIGINAL: dyeclan

Guys, I've spoken to ppl at Horton, and yes, they did open a factory in China. At this time, they cannot commit to us what models will be made where. They have said that their own ppl will be overseeing the China factory, and that it was built for them, they aren't just licensing out their name to Chinese junk, FWIW. One thing that was noted to me was that they 'KNOW' that all the other brands are using some Chinese sourced parts, and at least Horton is being honest about it.

I'm not happy about it either, so don't attack me, just giving you the info I heard from the horse's mouth.

trust me, if china makes hortons, they wil be JUNK.

nothing coming from there that is any good.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Horton

ORIGINAL: dyeclan

........ One thing that was noted to me was that they 'KNOW' that all the other brands are using some Chinese sourced parts, and at least Horton is being honest about it.
Not all crossbow companies are part sourcing to China for the making of their crossbows. This has been brought up before and was corrected by at leaste one company
ORIGINAL: Excalibur Dude

To clear things up, we have never approached any company in China to build our crossbows nor did we provide anybody with "blue prints". We would not have invested in CNC machines and buildingif we were thinking of getting a Chinese company to build our product. Excaliburs crossbows are 100% made in North America!

Peter Balfour
Excalibur Crossbow Inc.
IF they are telling you otherwise, then I believe that they are just trying to snowball you into believing that what they are doing is OK. As for a company controling the production made in China, well that has been tried before many times, some with success and others with disastrous results. Toys with LEAD Contamination, Food that would not pass safety standards, poisonous working conditions ........... Remember that this is China and they are a Communist country and they do not like to be told how to do anything, they do it their own way.