HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Crossbow Scope with Excalibur Accessory Kit (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/284843-crossbow-scope-excalibur-accessory-kit.html)

Stealthy Tarheel 01-31-2009 03:47 PM

Crossbow Scope with Excalibur Accessory Kit

I just got my Excalibur Vortex (sweet) and am considering ording the Excalibur "Right Stuff" accessory kit that comes with the 4X32 scope. Is the scope any good or should I consider buying the individual components that come in the kit (including a scope) seperatly?

saxman1 02-01-2009 10:12 AM

RE: Crossbow Scope with Excalibur Accessory Kit

Everything that comes in the packages that Excalibur puts together for their bows INHO is of the finest quality and will have you hunting and shooting in no time.
The only reason to buy seperate is if you WANT something different.

Dnk 02-01-2009 01:28 PM

Congratulations on your purchase of one fine bow!
I think the stuff in the package is a great starting point that you won't go wrong in purchasing at a good price. As far as the scope goes it is great value but it also depends on what you are going to do. If it's 3D then I think it's pretty much perfect. If it's hunting the it's ok but lacks in light management. The last half an hour of hunting sucks but then it's reasonably priced and the warranty cannot be beat!
My bottom line on it is to use it and see if you want more scope. It is a very popular scope for sure!

early in 02-01-2009 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Stealthy Tarheel

I just got my Excalibur Vortex (sweet) and am considering ording the Excalibur "Right Stuff" accessory kit that comes with the 4X32 scope. Is the scope any good or should I consider buying the individual components that come in the kit (including a scope) seperatly?
No, that scope is fine. Just don't plan on hunting in Pa with it.;):D:D:D

nksmfamjp 02-02-2009 04:00 AM

Which scope is it? Is it the vari-zone?

Stealthy Tarheel 02-02-2009 03:56 PM

Yes - the Vari-Zone.

Stealthy Tarheel 02-02-2009 03:58 PM

Many thanks to everyone for the insight and expertise.

Stealthy Tarheel:)

nksmfamjp 02-04-2009 09:51 AM

The Varizone and Lumizone are awsome scopes. Regardless of magnification choice, the real value is in the adjustable aiming points. I can hit the bullseye from 20 - 50 yards once properly set up. It also has nice .5" at 20 yd adjustments so you are not cranking 50 clicks at a time to sight in.

Moonkryket 02-04-2009 06:11 PM

Just my opinion, but do yourself a favor and compare what you are going to pay for the right stuff package to what it would cost to have areputable dealer like Wyvern Creations customize a package for you. As to the scope, I recommend anyone that's looking for a crossbow scope to compare the Hawke MAP to the Vari Zone. the Hawke costs less, it's smaller, optically and reticle design superior with range finding capability. As to 3 dotreflex red dot sights, they are all fairly serviceable but not great quality but that's all we have to pick from currently.

sproulman 02-05-2009 08:12 AM

as said, pa. is no scope above 1x magnification.

i think there are other states that do not allow a 4x scope too.