Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Crossbow

Old 01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default New Crossbow

Well tomorrow im going to get a new crossbow.i currently have a excal phoenix but want another.thinking about going with a parker cyclone or a excal vortex.i really wanted to see the tornado but since their not out yet.....any oppinions or reccomendations?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Crossbow

I picked up the cyclone at a show and didnt like the feel of it at all.. once you hold a excal its hard to switch brands[8D]

Parker makes great bows, but I just like the ease of the being able to switch strings without a bowpress
Old 01-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

IMO, the Tornado is a more "huntable" bow than the Cyclone as it is much more compact and easier to cock. Not thrilled with the trigger, but it is not that bad, Other than that, I personally think it will sell better than the Cyclone....and I sold a bunch of them last year.
Wyvern
Old 01-30-2009, 05:28 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

thanks for the information everyone.i just wanted to a crossbow with a bit more power.With the vortex will the hawke scope work very well on it?I think that scope looks really good.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I have a Vortex and think it is pretty much perfect(for me). I made some 350 gr arrows and it smokes! Much faster than I want but fun to shoot. I also have the Ibex as well as a Hawke scope. Really nice scope I must say. They are well made, bright and I love the non-critical eye relief. Don't know if the Hawke is going to stay on the Ibex, I just may replace the VariXIII on the Vortex which is my main hunting bow.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:09 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

well i got a vortex today.held the cyclone and vortex but i didnt like the feel of the cyclone.im very happy with the vortex.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

good choice
Old 01-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ogg

well i got a vortex today.held the cyclone and vortex but i didnt like the feel of the cyclone.im very happy with the vortex.
Excellent choice! You will not be unhappy. Think about an STS for your bow. I'm guessing David/Wyvern sells them.
What all did you get with the bow?
Old 01-31-2009, 04:57 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

currently i have a varizone on it but have the hawke sr being ordered and the sts as well.this looks like its going to be my new hunting rig.but will have the phoenix as a back up.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow.
If you have time please compare the two scopes and post a report with pro's and cons

Quick Reply: New Crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.