Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Full inclusion for PA >

Full inclusion for PA

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Full inclusion for PA

Old 01-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Full inclusion for PA

ORIGINAL: 445 supermag

But another one into the fold. NJ also right next to you is allowing it for 2009 too. Picking off each state one ata time for allowing Crossbows.

Way to go PA.

Brian

Stopped bow hunting couple of years ago due tovision problems. No problem drawing back a compound but itsdifficult to focus on peep, pin and target. I tried several suggestions but it just did not work out. Reason i tried an x-bow was cause i could put a scope/red dot on it, see the target and feel pretty confident in putting the arrow where i wanted it to go.The reason being i am using single plane focus rather than a multiple one. I really enjoy shooting my compound but now can place the arrowmore acurately using a crossbow. If i was younger with good vision i would prefer to shoot a vertical bow than a crossbow. reason being a compound shoots out further and is alot quieterthan my crossbow. If NYS allows crossbows in the next couple of years i will be able to return to archery hunting.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

i bet this puts a bigtime hurt on compound bow co.

also i see a ton of compounds for sale.

you should get some good deals on matthews bows.

only the diehard hunters in archery like us will go to crossbow,as long as in-lines are allowed in oct, most are not getting a crossbow, they can get a doe then with gun, why spend money on bow.

so, you may not see a lot of new hunters,but only new bow sales and present hunters changing to crossbow.

everyone i know is getting rid of compound bow for crossbow.
LMAO!! A person Is a diehard hunter because he elects to hunt with a xbow? And why Is it everyone you know Is getting rid of there compounds In favor of a xbow?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINA

B,
I don't know of anyone that I have talked to that is for xbows in PA. Regardless of age, I didn't think that it was too hard for anyone not physically able to draw a bow to get medical pass. Believe me, I am a huge fan of getting people who can not, for whatever reason, draw a bow out in the woods. That said, this law change is going to get alot of people out in the woods who shouldn't be out in the woods. I hope that I am wrong, but I can not find a way to feel good about this move.

Worried in PA.

For my own curiousity.....why is a crossbow more fun for you?

Ben/PA
That medical pass is NOT as easy to get as you think, MY best friend at my club has MS he is very early 30s and has had it for a while and it has progressed a good bit. He still hunts but things are gettting harder. His Dr says he has to change meds because the ones he is on are not being effective enough. He tried to get a medical pass for crossbow but was denied. I was very upset for him and I see his struggle all the time we are together. Things are just now as easy for him as it is for me or you. His vision is even affected and those pins are not as easy to see as before. With his scopes on his MZ loader he is ok. He can't take the heat at all even what we think are nice days out side like 70's he stays indoors till it gets cooler out. His vision is also affected and has a hard time with it. He has a hard time holding his bow drawn keeping it still. To me his only effective range is now UNDER 10 yards. Even though its illegal I tell him get a crossbow and use it on the club property but he wont. I was proud that day to see that he didn't want to go against the rules. I was just mad that day to see the stinking F&G or whatever wont let him get a crossbow.

for me I have been using a vertical bow for a while and I LOVE LOVE archery season. Archery and Muzzle loader season are my favorite seasons for hunting by far. I don't know if its just that its just a new weapon that has me but I love the idea of a crossbow and can't wait to get it in. Its just a stinkin cool weapon. I have no regrets trading in my hoyt trykon at all. If I ever get the bug again to shoot one I am 10 minutes away for a store that can hook me up again. I am just enamored by the crossbow right now and love the history of it used way back when and love seeing all the new crossbows out there now.

Best as I can describe it.

Brian
Old 01-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why in HELL does anyone spend their time and brain power worrying about what weapon I choose to shoot a deer with.
If I want to hunt with a rock that is my business.
I feel sorry for those who would exclude anyone from hunting.
Just stupid.

I think we should ban hunters who drive Ford's or those with black hair,Bald folks cannot hunt anywhere in the world.
If your name starts with a "D" you can only hunt on days that start with the letter "T" and then you must have one hand tied behind your back.
Those who choose trad bows cannot use any modern equipment,including your car or truck,you must wear buckskins from a deerkilled by you with a knife that you made from knapping flint,that knife is to be no more that 4" in length and the deer can only be killed on a Monday after 3 pm.
Only left handed hunters allowed and they must be over 6'7" tall.

Should I go on?

I think not.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

i've had a lifetimedisable permit here in pafor two years now and had nothing to gain with this vote, but i lost with this vote the use of the scope that came with my xbow package....now i have to switch to the pin and peep sights that came with the xbow....funny thing is i can put my scope on for the regular deer and bear season but i can't use it for archery seasons....they also did away with the use ofxbows during the week long m/l and flintlock season with a m/l stamp with the scope, but i can use it then with my archery stamp in those seasons but without the scope....so people with the disabled permit lost big time, unless they grandfather us in....way to go pa with this vote againest us disabled permit holdingpeople, i smell a discrimination lawsuite brewing in the wings................bob

Old 01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

You can use a red dot scope...it just cant be magnified...you are not stuck with the peep and pin. That and many newer crossbows have no provision for a peep and pin.

Wyvern
Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sits in trees

ORIGINAL: 445 supermag

That is fantastic, I wonder if they can use red dot scopes with no magnification??? But another one into the fold. NJ also right next to you is allowing it for 2009 too. Picking off each state one ata time for allowing Crossbows.

Way to go PA.

Brian

its not WAY TO GO pa.

huntersARE NOT IN FAVOR OF THIS,THAT WAS SHOWN AT MEETING.[:@]

its crossbow manufactures with their politics as usual,PAYOFFS and a DCNR that wants all deer gone.

so, we live with it , nothing new for pa hunting.

OK Sproul, get your diaper changed and have mother tuck you in, youll feel better in the morning>>>>>
Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: saxman1

Why in HELL does anyone spend their time and brain power worrying about what weapon I choose to shoot a deer with.
If I want to hunt with a rock that is my business.
I feel sorry for those who would exclude anyone from hunting.
Just stupid.

I think we should ban hunters who drive Ford's or those with black hair,Bald folks cannot hunt anywhere in the world.
If your name starts with a "D" you can only hunt on days that start with the letter "T" and then you must have one hand tied behind your back.
Those who choose trad bows cannot use any modern equipment,including your car or truck,you must wear buckskins from a deerkilled by you with a knife that you made from knapping flint,that knife is to be no more that 4" in length and the deer can only be killed on a Monday after 3 pm.
Only left handed hunters allowed and they must be over 6'7" tall.

Should I go on?

I think not.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 01-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

i bet this puts a bigtime hurt on compound bow co.

also i see a ton of compounds for sale.

you should get some good deals on matthews bows.

only the diehard hunters in archery like us will go to crossbow,as long as in-lines are allowed in oct, most are not getting a crossbow, they can get a doe then with gun, why spend money on bow.

so, you may not see a lot of new hunters,but only new bow sales and present hunters changing to crossbow.

everyone i know is getting rid of compound bow for crossbow.
LMAO!! A person Is a diehard hunter because he elects to hunt with a xbow? And why Is it everyone you know Is getting rid of there compounds In favor of a xbow?

SCOPE/NOT NECESSARY TO PULL BOW IN A TREE/LESS PRACTICE.

most think they can shoot 50 yds.

Quick Reply: Full inclusion for PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.