Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Full inclusion for PA >

Full inclusion for PA

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Full inclusion for PA

Old 01-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Full inclusion for PA

ORIGINAL: Bob1961

i've had a lifetimedisable permit here in pafor two years now and had nothing to gain with this vote, but i lost with this vote the use of the scope that came with my xbow package....now i have to switch to the pin and peep sights that came with the xbow....funny thing is i can put my scope on for the regular deer and bear season but i can't use it for archery seasons....they also did away with the use ofxbows during the week long m/l and flintlock season with a m/l stamp with the scope, but i can use it then with my archery stamp in those seasons but without the scope....so people with the disabled permit lost big time, unless they grandfather us in....way to go pa with this vote againest us disabled permit holdingpeople, i smell a discrimination lawsuite brewing in the wings................bob

you can still use your scope, i believe.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

i've had a lifetimedisable permit here in pafor two years now and had nothing to gain with this vote, but i lost with this vote the use of the scope that came with my xbow package....now i have to switch to the pin and peep sights that came with the xbow....funny thing is i can put my scope on for the regular deer and bear season but i can't use it for archery seasons....they also did away with the use ofxbows during the week long m/l and flintlock season with a m/l stamp with the scope, but i can use it then with my archery stamp in those seasons but without the scope....so people with the disabled permit lost big time, unless they grandfather us in....way to go pa with this vote againest us disabled permit holdingpeople, i smell a discrimination lawsuite brewing in the wings................bob

REMEMBER WHEN I SAID THIS CROSSBOW THING SHOULD BE FOR THE DISABLED,THAT YOU WILL SEE END TO THE DISABLED HAVE A CHANCE TO GET A BUCK, NOW YOU CAN SEE WHY I SAID THIS.

disabled chances now will get worst to get a deer, more archery hunters,less chance for buck.

i could be wrong and i will report on it.

from my first interviews with local hunters,ONLY the compound hunters are getting crossbow.......

thew new hunters told me they are staying with their IN-LINES,they are after meat and in-line in oct is enough for them.

if in-line season was stopped in oct, I BET THE CROSSBOW SALES WOULD ROCKET,
Old 01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Safe Bet.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Safe Bet.
could very well be.

if in-line season was not so big now in oct,i think crossbow sales would be very high.

they will sell to ones that are archery hunting now that have compound bows, thats what i am hearing.

cost is not going to get many to buy a crossbow other than the compound users.

i could be wrong there too, i will just have to watch the affects of it and report back.

early in-line season is somewthing i never thought of until i talked to a lot of hunters.

when we had like 5 deer you could get, a lot more wanted to hunt in archery.

now, with early in-line season,it seems that most are putting their time in there.

lack of deer is another reason.

all this is affecting things so quick,its hard to get feel of what will happen.

i can only watch what i see at range, gunshops and the archery season.

no doubt the compound shooters will switch to a crossbow, thats going to happen, i hear it.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

if i read the new rule here in pa,
it says scope cannot be more than 1x power on scope.

i think almost all horton scopes are 4x.

isnt that great rule to pass,now they have to take all their scopes off their crossbows.

what nut ever came up with that one.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

a couple of posts i read think they will let permit holders to keep them in the april meeting, a slight shimmer of light..............bob

Old 01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

a couple of posts i read think they will let permit holders to keep them in the april meeting, a slight shimmer of light..............bob

so, if you have a former disabled permit,you will be able to use a scope above 1x,if not, you cant use it.

most cant use crossbow now properly for hunting then make it harder for them to see.

boy, the WCO are going to have a lot of time checking the hunters .

Old 01-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, the crossbow train continues to roll. And it is no surprise considering that the majority of highly vocal antis tend to come across as being elitist snobs and/or so willing to grossly distort the truththat the more they talk, theless many folks take them seriously. The wonderful thing is that most of them aren't bright enough to figure that out
Old 01-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

LCC, they are still ranting over on the Northeast site about passage. Still saying the majority doesn't want it blah blah. Now the Corneilius guy is stating that the Ohio hunters are at odds w/ each other over Xbow / compound. I don't beleive i have ever seen such rancor amongst hunters. I kept at the as I own ground in PA to hunt . They are litist and as much as they wanted to say tradition they could not keep the superiority out of the rants about cross bow hunters, still can't. I was living in pA when the compounds were allowed and that was the end of the deer herds and that was the opening for wanton herd slaughter. There is no doubt that PA Game Commish has issues but man the sportspeople sure don't hep their own causes acting like spoiled brats. Pick me up on the way out 70 east, we'll stop at WalMart pick up some cheap crossbows and go poaching in pA. I mean if they are accusuing Xbow hunters before the first bolt is flung..............
Old 01-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

"Pick me up on the way out 70 east, we'll stop at WalMart pick up some cheap crossbows and go poaching in pA"

I always get a giggle out of that old excuse that Xbows are "poaching weapons" What poacher in his right mind wants to shine a deer, launch an arrow at it, then wait 1/2 and hour for it to bleed out then wander thru the woods with flashlights looking for it Ummm....you want to outlaw "poaching weapons" take a look at a 22mag and how it is used for head shots...THATS the choice for poachers..
Wyvern

Quick Reply: Full inclusion for PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.