Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 strike force quiver?? >

strike force quiver??

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

strike force quiver??

Old 01-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Spike

Default strike force quiver??

Is the quiver on the new Strike Force bowtech only a hip quiver?? does it attach to the bow at all?? also on another note would the folding stock of the parker line fit the picatinney rail??
Old 01-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: strike force quiver??

Bowtech does not make a bow mounted quiver for the SF, only the hip quiver. The Parker Cyclone quiver bracket and Alpine quiver works well though, that is what I sell with that bow...the attached photo is an old one on a DS, but it is the same on the SF. Any picitinni grip or attachment will work on the bottom of that bow so dont limit it to the Parker grip

Wyvern

Old 01-16-2009, 04:16 PM

I pleaded with the Bowtech folks again at the ATA to please factory drill 2 holes in each side of the riser so a standard kwikee type quiver could be easily mounted like this>

Old 01-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

I get no positive feedback from any manufactuer about a top mount quiver. They dont want any possibility of it coming into the path of the string. I seriously doubt you will ever see it in production
Wyvern
Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Spike

David, does either one of the quivers you sell with the SF have a second holder like a quikie mechanical style broadhead holders(2) sets of grippers for the arrow?? i really liked the quikie version it holds the arrows(bolts), very securely, speed......... Moon, i like your quiver mount but would be afraid of drilling on a new bow seeing it might void warranty??, top mounts are nicer anyway cause you can shoulder the bow without the quiver getting in the way[&:]
Old 01-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

The Cyclone bracket is designed for a Alpine Archery quiver. Kinda stuck with the one holding point, but it is a very secure mount and I use one myself. My top bracket can be used if you dont mind drilling and tapping but not sure on the warranty. Bowtech seems pretty reasonable and if sonething went wrong that had nothing to do with the holes I cant see them denying warranty.
Wyvern
Old 01-17-2009, 11:14 AM

I'm crazy that way. The beefy part of the riser has plenty space for a couple small tapped holes and the riser design is such that there is only compression forces at that point.

Wyvern, well I guess withHorton's quiver sitting directly above the scope and barrel, they forgot about the possibility of things getting in the way of the string.? :-) We still have crossbows being builtwith no auto safety which, IMHO, is much more dangerous than a logically placed arrow quiver that happens to sit above the string. JMO :-) I guess some things just make too much sense to be acceptedAny quiver sitting underneath the crossbow is a pain in the butt if you hunt on the ground. When you sit the bow down on the ground next to you, the vanes or feathers are in the wet leaves or worse, the mud :-(

The Kwikee, again IMO, is one of the most trouble-free quivers on the market with its double holders and attaching system.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

"We still have crossbows being builtwith no auto safety which, IMHO, is much more dangerous than a logically placed arrow quiver that happens to sit above the string"

"LALALALALA"

Let the games begin!!!

Wyvern
Old 01-18-2009, 02:13 PM

No games:-) I lost count of the PM's I've gotten during the last 2 years asking about my quiver mounting location. They are the ones to be calling Bowtech, Ten Point and Excal, not me.................hell, I drill and tap mine. If I had been waiting for the factories to do this, I would still be walking around with my arrows dangling off my hip..............but I'm not :-)

Old 01-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

i have no idea why bowtech did not install sling studs on the DS..my DS never saw the woods this year.

Quick Reply: strike force quiver??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.