Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 strike force quiver?? >

strike force quiver??

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

strike force quiver??

Old 01-20-2009, 02:36 PM

Default RE: strike force quiver??

Don't be timid...................install them yourself :-)

Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 PM

Front stud location

Old 01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

The Parker quiver mount has a sling stud in it. The new SF has a front sling stud mount from the factory now...

Wyvern
Old 01-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wyvern Crossbow

"We still have crossbows being builtwith no auto safety which, IMHO, is much more dangerous than a logically placed arrow quiver that happens to sit above the string"

"LALALALALA"

Let the games begin!!!

Wyvern
Why is it Wyvern that you constantly try to bash Excalibur. Your attempt to claim that Excalibur gets parts, or attempted to get parts from china was quickly quashed from Excalibur. But it did take a long time to retract your incorrect statement. The above statement was (in my opinion) put forth to claim that Excalibur is not a safe bow for not including the AUTO SAFETY on their bows. For your information, they did produce bows with the auto safety but removed it from models For safety reasons. For shooters to count on or depend on a MECHANICAL DEVICE for safety is JUST NOT AS SAFE AS LEARNING TO BE SAFE IN THE FIRST PLACE. For anyone that knows anything about safety, you NEVER EVER trust your safety on a MECHANICAL DEVICE. You should learn the proper steps for shooting, when people start to take short cuts that is when people start to forget about the safety device, or inserting the arrow (for a dry fire). Putting the safety manually on imedeately after cocking is the only sure waqy to know that it is on.

People ......... safety is in the MIND of the shooter, not in mechanical devices which can fail at any time, which is why we are all taught to always point your firearm in a safe dirrection. LEAVE SAFE STEPS RIGHT FROM THE BIGINNING.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone.

Firearm companies go to manual safeties for insurance reasons. Liability lays in the shooters hand when a manual safety is on a device which lowers insurance costs and insurance is not cheap but does add to the price of the product. Very few firearms have auto safeties for a reason but no one carps. Any auto safeties drive me crazy whether on a car or firearm. My old carved tipped Exocet has an auto-safety but I don't mind it but then I don't mind the manual safety on some of my other bows.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone.

"Why is it Wyvern that you constantly try to bash Excalibur."

I wasnt...I was simply commenting that Moons comment would draw fire from the Excal crowd (you in particular) and that I was going to sit back and enjoy the show

"But it did take a long time to retract your incorrect statement"

Actually, I did retract it very quickly...on another forum. As I explained I had forgotten that my incorrect statement was also on this forum which is why I noted...IN my retraction...why it took so long for me to correct my statement.

Wyvern
Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Why is it Wyvern that you constantly try to bash Excalibur."
Tom, I gotta disagree w/ ya here a tad. You're a friend of mine [I hope still] but David has a rep for calling it as he see's it. That's a rarity these days, I've read sugar coated reviews that make me want to puke.

You're in Canada. Excals are made there. They are a different deal for dealers in the US. Our gubbmint eats up their profit in FET taxes.

Bear in mind, Wyvern could not sell Excals if he chose to. He could put guys on Parkers or 10 pts or DS/SF and make more profit. He doesn't do that, but rather helps get a guy what the guy wants. I respect him for that. He's spent time on the phone w/ me when he knew he wasn't getting paid for it. I've gotten a small order from him, great prices and service.

Just a few thoughts from the cheap seats, lol.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:54 PM

Man! My God, I'm glad this doesn't go on over at the other forums. I find it trulyamazing that anyone can bash automatic safeties on crossbows.One of my crossbows is a Vortex andI like it for 3D shoots. The other 9 crossbowshanging in my shop have auto safeties and anti-dry fire mechanisms. I also shoot centerfire rifles quite a bit so I have to deal with what I'm shooting at the time. No matter WHAT I'm shooting,my intent is to double check to make sure the safety is on after loading a cartridge or arrow. I'm 66 years old :-) for God's sake! AlthoughI consider myself a thinker andcanhandlestuff like re-engineering triggers, etc., I forget sometimes.Just weigh the chances of a safety mafunctionvs. the chances of a forgetful "seasoned" crossbow hunter forgetting to push the safety on and not realizing it until an arrow is fired.......somewhere I'll trust the mechanical auto safety over a forgetful old fart anytime.

Another thing, after tearing through many triggers andsafeties in crossbows of all brands, the Excal trigger parts are not the most sophisticated as compared with TP's andBowtech's crossbowsbutExcal's are reliable with nicely hardened parts. My point here is that I believe the reason we still don't see auto safeties and anti-dry fire mechanisms on Excal's is that they would be quite a bitmore expensive to produce. Simple as that. JMO

BTW, I dropped my Vortex out of a tree at 17 feet with no damage done to it so I know the durability factor for these crossbowsis second to none. "Simplicity" is alsoeasier to maintain than "complicated". IMHO, there is no one best crossbow. They all have their good and not so good features...............even Excals.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tom, I do agree with you a bit here on the safety. The best safety is between the ears. But Like Moon stated I like to have one just incase I or anyone had a brain fart. Double insurance is just better IMHO.

Brian