Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Hawke Crossbow Scope video >

Hawke Crossbow Scope video

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Hawke Crossbow Scope video

Old 01-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hawke Crossbow Scope video

Does a great job of explaining the features of this scope...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHB6LIFm8sk&eurl=http://www.hawkeoptics.com/crossbow/crow_bow_sights.htm

Wyvern
Old 01-17-2009, 06:30 AM

Default RE: Hawke Crossbow Scope video

is it adjustable for differant speed crossbows?
"dw"
Old 01-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Well, without starting an argument, no, it is a fixed power so it is not "adjustable" but neither is any other scope really. Excal and Truglo have the ability to adjust the magnification so it changes how the target appears. If you visualy draw the target closer you "tighten up" the crosshairs for faster bows. The issue is that if you have a fast bow you have to deal with a high magnification/narrow field of view scope where at close ranges can be a pain where all you may see of your target is a mass of brown. This particular scope has a very wide field of view and the manufacture has a very cool program you can download to figure out what impact distances your particular bow/arrow combination is. It would be nice to have adjustable crosshairs, but with some of these very fast bows the crosshairs would be so close together as to be useless. One thing to keep in mind is that everyone wants that 20/30/40 spacing and in reality very few bows will achieve this exactly with a scope that is not designed for a particular bow. However, if you look at actual trajectory what ends up happening is that "true impact points" may be 20/33/45 for example but the varience isso small that you can easily say that you can hit center at 20/30/40. For example say your bow is dead on at 45yrds with the third line of your scope. At 40yrds it may be 1.5" higher than at 45yrds. If you shoot a 2" group then you have a .5" varience at that distance so your arrows will still group within that circle at 40yrds. Some will be a bit high, but for all practical purposes it is still within that 2" circle.
Wyvern
Old 01-21-2009, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

good video.....
Old 01-21-2009, 06:02 AM

And...............good crossbow scopes, both the MAP and SR
Old 01-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

who carries these, do ou have a link out somewhere? Exactly (the SR model) what I want!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Well....I sell them (along with other dealers)
Wyvern
Old 01-23-2009, 08:29 AM

Sportsmansguide.com had the best price on them that I found so far. $179.00 from the manufacturer and $125. from sportsmansguide. for the SR IR in camo.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Actually Hawke is a MAP company and they will probably loose the line for not following the contract they signed....
Wyvern
Old 01-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

It's a really nice scope David. If everyone finds out how good they are you will sell lots of them. It's got a lot going for it! I got mine!

Quick Reply: Hawke Crossbow Scope video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.