HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Just Wanted to show my Xbow Pals.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/273583-just-wanted-show-my-xbow-pals.html)

Planter 11-14-2008 02:47 PM

Just Wanted to show my Xbow Pals..

I know he is not mature or even a 130 class deer but I LIKE him just fine. I used a compound so don't hold it against me and the next one to feel the sting will have it delivered with the Pheonix.

My next deer is gonna be at least 4.5 YO.. I promise.. I have a major flaw!! I like to kill deer.

I look through the "contest" page and am very impressed with the average size deer scored. It's almost hard to believe that with all the people entered no squirts are being taken.. OR are they just not being entered.

Horizontal Hunter 11-14-2008 04:36 PM

RE: Just Wanted to show my Xbow Pals..

Planter,

Congrats on a nice MA buck, and a great picture to boot.

Bob

ranger56528 11-14-2008 05:11 PM

Congrats....

coyote170 11-14-2008 08:40 PM

Congrats,dont matter what you used darn nice deer!:D

martinfaw 11-14-2008 08:46 PM

Nice deer Planter, any deer taken with a bow is a trophy in my book, I would be proud of that buck.

Martin

smokepolehall 11-15-2008 07:49 AM

congrats on your good Buck. all of mine are squirts but they do eat well :D

awshucks 11-15-2008 08:43 AM

Congrats, they are all trophys!

Hotburn76 11-15-2008 08:58 AM

Congrats John! How is your team doing? Mine started off great, but a lot of teams started getting there bucks fast. I have not even had a small buck in range yet. But me and dad have been out a lot and have been having a good time.

Planter 11-15-2008 12:44 PM

Thanks Guys.. Jason I think our team has four deer down. Two good ones and a couple that won't make P & Y. It's a pretty quiet team but a nice bunch of guys. I hope you and the old man are having fun. Much more important than a deer.

Smoke you make up for size in sheer numbers. I think your giving me a whooping this season.

Hey Bob.. Hows things out in the west?? I will be heading to Beartown and East Mountain for shotgun. Big deer out there just tough to find.

I'm trading venison for Lobster with the guy who owns the boat in the background of my Pic. Always happy to make that trade. Love getting fat and greasy with butter and lobster.

Horizontal Hunter 11-15-2008 01:46 PM

Planter,

Things have been slow for me. I missed a large part of the early season due to some health issues. My Mass hunting hasbeen primarily in zone 8. I have spent more time in CT this year. I have seen very little rut activity in the limited time I have been out. From what I have seen thenumber of scrapes is way down as is the acorn mast this year. I am hoping that the cooler weather this week wil get things moving.

Bob