Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow help

Old 11-06-2008, 01:01 PM

Default crossbow help

guy's i am having problem's with my red dot scope . i sighted in and now when i shoot my crossbow at a target the bolt want to go left and when i adjust it it goes to the right . i have changed the eleivation and the windage and it still does it . so if someone has a front bracket with a pin i can borrow let me know by email . i ordered the front and back but the front bracket and pin is on back order and they don't know when they'll get it in . but the rear bracket sight is on it's way to me . i am changing over to the sight pin and rear sight . with the red dot scope i have to wait for daylight to be able to shoot early shooting hour's . but with the pin sight and rear sight i want have to wait till good light to be able to shoot . i am talk when it's just breaking day and before last light . here is my email addy . [email protected]

any help woul be great .

thank's
Old 11-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: crossbow help

reckon we need to know the make of your CB. on the dot either its loose in the mount or maybe the dot has given up the ghost. early morning or late evening darkness and shooting. i am middle aged and my eyes are giving me fits need glasses. so i have found that a scope is what i always need you can't hit what you can't see!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

reckon we need to know the make of your CB. on the dot either its loose in the mount or maybe the dot has given up the ghost. early morning or late evening darkness and shooting. i am middle aged and my eyes are giving me fits need glasses. so i have found that a scope is what i always need you can't hit what you can't see!
smokepolehall

i got my cb in 2006 from horton . it is the horton steelforce 150 recurve with the red dot scope and dial arange . the windage is on the side and the eleavation is on the back . here is a picture of it .

Old 11-06-2008, 04:27 PM

here is the crossbow i have .

Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

well Horton experts lets get some info coming in please/ Hotburn76 your phone is ringing
Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I'll say it. You got an extremely low end entry level xbow. Hortons red dot sights seem to generate lots of questions. Few answers.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:02 PM

well guy's i wish i could afford a better one but i am on a fixed income . i only get 600.00 a month and have 2 kids and plenty of bill's . i did'nt pay for this xbow . i got it from my friend's at whitetailworld.com . i use to shoot a martin lynx compound bow until i become disabled in 1994 from a broken neck . i can only lift 10 lb's anything over that could put me in a wheelchair .

Thank's for the input and info awshuck's
Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i don't have a peep & pin that works on Hortons, mine is built for excals or i would give it to you. it has 2 screws holes in rear peep and the pin is dovetailed machined on a riser
Old 11-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Does it do that consistantly, or at random? Drawing the string off center would produce a random flyer, if it's consistant then a problem exists, probably a loose mount as sugested earlier.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

The red dot on my Horton went bad this year too. I put a regular scope on it and haven't had any problems since. I think there is something going on with the red dots Horton keeps putting on their bows.

When they made crossbows legal in Georgia, I knew a lot of people who bought the Steelforce, and they worked out fine for them.

Quick Reply: crossbow help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.