Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 I need some fussing at >

I need some fussing at

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I need some fussing at

Old 10-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I need some fussing at

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

Yeah Smoke, it were a Ten Point CB. And I practice at out to 60 yards all the time and have even killed at 72 yards before. But, this time, he moved too much and I lost him.
BBO
If you're shooting at deer 72 yards away, you need to question your bowhunting skills. That's just stupid!!![:@]
Old 10-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Urban Legend

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

Yeah Smoke, it were a Ten Point CB. And I practice at out to 60 yards all the time and have even killed at 72 yards before. But, this time, he moved too much and I lost him.
BBO
If you're shooting at deer 72 yards away, you need to question your bowhunting skills. That's just stupid!!![:@]
UL, don't let Buddy pull your leg! He's setting us up for something![:-]
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I for one have never done anything that I regretted later..

Sometimes " A cocked bow has no conscious "
Old 10-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

55, 60, 72 yards, uh???????????????????????????????????????????????

Old 10-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

LOL. Holly Cow! I knew I shouldn't have said anything about that 72 yard kill. But it is very true. But I have learned my lesson now on long shots. No more ever again. And dnk, you're all wet this time. I'm now putting anyone on or planing anything funny. For real. Planter, I love that quote you said but I've used the wording differently and pertaining to something a bit more personal. LOL.
And lastly, MARTIN Ole Buddy! OK, I'll trade with ya all my stuff for your bear hunting stand anytime you want. And I know the way to Mt. Airy too. LOL
BBO
Old 10-21-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

"I need some fussing at"

If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary.......between **** and syphilis!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

Buddy one good thing about this situation yougot yourself into is that others may learn from it as well.

The reason most of the long time crossbow hunters limit their shots at deer to under 40 yards (most are actually shorter than 40) is not that you can't be successful at the greater yardage, but because you might come onto this situation every once in a while. A 75 % success at the greater distances means you can potentually wound every forth deer. The deer does not even have to hear the bow going off, the arrow makes alot of noise durring flight as well as the deer might just move on it's own in normal movement.

Lets all hope we all learn from this and you get another crack at this buck.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said Tom!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rafsob

Well said Tom!!!
Hey, I met this guy! Tom, remember that 160 acre plot I sent you two guys to? They clear cut it into history. Nothing left but rubble. I can't even identify the "Y" at the creek, nor the turn around at the end of M24A. Gotta go back on 4 whlr and look some more.

Sorry to go O/T on y'all.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 AM

Listen to this story, This morning I was hunting and I heard something moving through the woods at a brisk pace next thing i know a 4 point buck comes out at 45 yards and moving away so I took the shot and hit him in the right front leg. I wait an hour then get out of my stand but couldnt find blood anywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.