Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 stryker vs. 10 point ? >

stryker vs. 10 point ?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

stryker vs. 10 point ?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:10 PM

Default stryker vs. 10 point ?

I have MS and sold my bow a month ago. I am looking at cross bows, the dersert stryker and the ten point cls. I will be hunting deer mainly but my try at leats one elk hunt. I live in werstern kansas and the shots can be long in this open country. Speed is important to me. (also lite wt.) Is the stryker a Xbow that will last for a long time? How do the trigers compare?What are thexbows like for the shooter? Please help not much info or many dealers in western kansas.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: stryker vs. 10 point ?

MK,
Speed should be on your list of things, but there should be many other things just as if not more important. Safety, durability, cocking aids, weight and ease of use should all be high on the list. You are going to have difficulties with finding out what will work for you. Your best bet will be KC or Denver. Bass Pro and Cabelas on each end will have the best selection in your areas.
Stryker certainly has the speed category won, but TenPoint has cocking the bow and safety features wrapped. Weight is a mix depending on the model in each line you choose. Neither bow should be shot at an animal at over 40 yards, so the speed is not a huge factor. 300fps will get the job done at that range and has more thatn enough energy.
Stryker has been making bows for 2 years, so the longevity there is unknown. TenPoint has been around for over twelve and all we do is crossbows.
I work for TenPoint so I am biased, but I truely think the TenPoints will serve your need better. There are also some other crossbows out there worth looking at.
Again, I would urge you to get to Denver or KC, or Sidney for that matter and get a variety of bows in your hands.
I grew up in Hays by the way.

Randy
Old 10-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

I own both Strykers and I own an older Tenpoint. I do not own or have ever shot the CLS. All are quality made products. The Tenpoint I would say has the edge in customer service. They also have been around longer. I don't think durability or quality issues with either are a major concern. The Stryker is much heavier and larger and that might be a consideration for you. It is faster and you can expect 0-30 yds one pin. You also can easily uncock the Stryker witout shooting it. That's a nice feature to have. Each plus and minus features. I would go look at both, shoot and handle them to see which one will be best for you.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard the Strykers have had some problems but the 10point is a fine reliable bow based on my research.

If someone told me there was a better more user friendly bow than my Pheonix I would be out shopping but for now I have the widest bow on the market. It's so wide the only thing it's missing is landing lights..
Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 PM

i was in the same boat trying to decide which one to get too. i didn't have anywhere to go and look at x-bows either. after searching the web i decided on the Tenpoint Phantom CLS and i couldn't be more happy. it's a sweet shooting thing too from what i can tell. i just got it a week ago and have only shot it at 20 yards but damn if it ain't right on the money!!! but for 2 grand it better be.

i went with Tenpoint for the reason's stated above... they've been in business longer and all they make is x-bows.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own one but several that do say good things about the Dartons and they have good warranty and shoot plenty fast
Old 10-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Banned

I have both a DS and a Phantom. The DS is a bit quieter andfeels to be a bit lighter. They are equally accurate and fast. I think the Phantom has a better trigger.

The DS is substantially less money than the Phantom. You wouldn't be disappointed with either one as they both are top notch CB's,
Old 10-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

ive had nothing but problems w/ my DS. go w/ 10 pt or excalibur
Old 10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

While I don't have first hand experience with these I have handled them in a store. The balance and fit and finish was awesome on the DS. No experience with the 10 point. But when NJ ends up allowing x bows next year I will be selling my Hoyt Trykon for a DS. I feel this will make an excellent hunting x bow. One thing I loved about it was its balance which was centered compared to the parker is handled. Also the DS has a very narrow or slim profile design to it. Where you see on other bows they are very wide by comparison. Just my observations.

Best of luck

Brian
Old 10-11-2008, 02:44 PM

thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: stryker vs. 10 point ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.