HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   First Doe with new Crossbow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/266430-first-doe-new-crossbow.html)

DBaker 10-04-2008 08:31 PM

First Doe with new Crossbow

25 yard broadside shot complete pass through usinga Parker Buck Buster 175 and slick trick 100gr mags.

DBaker 10-04-2008 08:32 PM

RE: First Doe with new Crossbow

pic

Planter 10-04-2008 10:46 PM

Really nice doe and the trailer hitch is alright too. Not trying to be negative but your picture has asomething to be desired. You shoud clean her up a little and have a pic taken with you and the deer and maybe your bow. It would look great on the mantle..Nice job DB!!!

smokepolehall 10-05-2008 05:08 AM

congrats on the freezer meat, get another one!

DBaker 10-05-2008 07:17 AM

I didn't know we were in a professional photography contest. Personally, I enjoy seeing dead animals and blood. Maybe I'm a sick person????

Planter 10-05-2008 07:47 AM

I'm sorry DB. I was really trying to be constructive rather than critical. I support your right to do as you see fit. You should enter that picture in BOO's contest for a Vixen. A free bow never hurt anyone.

I know it's not a photography forum but she just looks like roadkill in that shot.Good luck on the rest of your season. If you have the $30.00 you should get her hide tanned. It makes for a great trophy.

Again I was not trying to be overly critical but it's so easy to misinterpret internet chat. Rock On my friend and if you need help dragging give me a call.

xbowbarry 10-05-2008 11:37 AM

I'm with planter, maybe clean her up a little before taking a pic. It's not criticism, but I think it shows more respect to the animal.
Congrats on the kill, nice doe.
Looks like the slick did it's job. How far did she run?

xbowbarry

Hotburn76 10-05-2008 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Planter

I'm sorry DB. I was really trying to be constructive rather than critical. I support your right to do as you see fit. You should enter that picture in BOO's contest for a Vixen. A free bow never hurt anyone.

I know it's not a photography forum but she just looks like roadkill in that shot.Good luck on the rest of your season. If you have the $30.00 you should get her hide tanned. It makes for a great trophy.

Again I was not trying to be overly critical but it's so easy to misinterpret internet chat. Rock On my friend and if you need help dragging give me a call.
Don't take what john said as bad. It was not from him, but the first time I heard it I was offended too. Last year I started to put the time into nice field shots and am glad I did. I now have pics I can put on the wall and the wife is ok with it, she disliked all the truck blood photos that I had also. John is just giving good advice that most do not do, but when we do, we are glad we did.

You have a nice size doe there!! Congrats!!

DBaker 10-05-2008 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: xbowbarry

I'm with planter, maybe clean her up a little before taking a pic. It's not criticism, but I think it shows more respect to the animal.
Congrats on the kill, nice doe.
Looks like the slick did it's job. How far did she run?

xbowbarry
The slicktrick did do it's job, but once again there wasn't much of a blood trail. I found blood about 20 yards from where I hit her at. She went about 70 yards and expired. From here on out I am going to focus on aiming a little lower. Hopefully this will create a better blood trail.

saxman1 10-05-2008 09:21 PM

Congrats on your kill:D